Which 3rd yr Accg elective is easy to do in 2nd sem? (1 Viewer)

xmascarol103

HSC
N/A
Wondering if anyone knows any accounting electives in 3rd yr level is good and easy to do? I am thinking of overloading next semester. I only need one more credit point to go, so doesn't matter how many credit point this elective is. Any open book exam? How was the Accounting research subject (2 Cr Point)?

And if anyone has unit outline for any good accg elective, pls PM.

havy

HSC
I heard that accg355 is pretty easy, it should be similar to accg250 or 251.

havy

HSC
does it has to be "accg" unit?
if not. try busl350 or busl388, i've heard that they hav no tut, and almost no assessments (one essay and one final).

ps. open book exams are usually alot harder

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
econ335 is easy, and busl350 is really easy as well econ350 if its offered in second is easy too. try fin310 also if its available in second sem

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
ACCG330 gets my tick of approval. If you liked 201 and can bullshit your way though, you'll be ok.

Also, in class participation/presentations/tute work carried decent weight when I did it aswell...

havy

HSC
is fin310 easy? i heard that its complicated since there's no tutorial and lecture materials are all over the place.

xmascarol103

HSC
N/A
Thanks everyone!

I'll take ur suggestions and consider doing Accg 355 or 330. I think it has to be an accg subject. Coz i'm doing professional accg degree, i guess third yr electives has to be accg. Does anyone know about it?

havy

HSC
not really, u better take a look at the accounting degree recommended outline.
i think u'll need to do the core accg units, and then any 300lvl units can be taken as electives

havy

HSC
take a look at this:
http://www.efs.mq.edu.au/?a=11162
the accg electives are only "recommended", therefore you can choose any other electives at 300lvl, as long as u hav the prereq satisfied.
btw accg330,econ350, fin310 are only available in semester 1.

I think wats left for 2nd semester are accg355, busl350 and busl388; if you dont do applied finance then you are not able to enrol in econ335 or 360 because of prereq (econ200 and 201).

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
havy said:
not really, u better take a look at the accounting degree recommended outline.
i think u'll need to do the core accg units, and then any 300lvl units can be taken as electives
If I remember correctly, it has to be a commerce 300 level subject.

havy

HSC
redruM said:
If I remember correctly, it has to be a commerce 300 level subject.
alrite then, well actually i didn't even thought about non commerce electives...but i guess in order to do a 300lvl non commerce unit u'll need to first finish around 3-4 pre-reqs, that's like another major already.

havy

HSC
btw does anyone hav any info for fin310?
I plan to do it semester 1 next yr, and different ppl gave different comments about it. some think its really easy while others insist that it's difficult, can someone plz clarify on that?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
xmascarol103 said:
okie. then is busl a commerce unit? it should be, yea?
Yeah I'm pretty sure its fine. But just make sure with SES.

havy, I've heard its mostly (if not all) theory and not too hard.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
what is a good external subject to do in second sem?

ReaveR

HSC
havy said:
btw does anyone hav any info for fin310?
I plan to do it semester 1 next yr, and different ppl gave different comments about it. some think its really easy while others insist that it's difficult, can someone plz clarify on that?
Hey,

The lectures really are all over the place. He gets guest lecturer's in from all these different places and I can't really see much relationship between each lecture or in the whole course overall.

In fact it's more like advertising... a some people will come in from Westpac and tell you about their policies and whatnot and then some other people will come from Colonial (CBA) and tell you about how they manage stuff and pay out the other funds. Then a fund manager from GMO will come and talk about something interesting and then the director of Fiducian will come and talk about how he went from being poor to being rich.

The result of this is that it appears to be a general knowledge course however the sample questions provided are quite specific and probing.

So it's not too hard as long as you attend the lectures and are good at paying attention. Because they're guest lecturer's some of them don't want to be recorded so there's no iLectures.

The upside - George the head is writing a book. I've no idea about his progress but maybe it'll be done next semester. No guarantees though.

I'll let you know how it goes with the final on Friday week and send you some lecture notes or something.

havy

HSC
thx alot,
I'm not in a rush, I'll do it next yr anyways.
goodluck with all your exams.
ReaveR said:
Hey,

The lectures really are all over the place. He gets guest lecturer's in from all these different places and I can't really see much relationship between each lecture or in the whole course overall.

In fact it's more like advertising... a some people will come in from Westpac and tell you about their policies and whatnot and then some other people will come from Colonial (CBA) and tell you about how they manage stuff and pay out the other funds. Then a fund manager from GMO will come and talk about something interesting and then the director of Fiducian will come and talk about how he went from being poor to being rich.

The result of this is that it appears to be a general knowledge course however the sample questions provided are quite specific and probing.

So it's not too hard as long as you attend the lectures and are good at paying attention. Because they're guest lecturer's some of them don't want to be recorded so there's no iLectures.

The upside - George the head is writing a book. I've no idea about his progress but maybe it'll be done next semester. No guarantees though.

I'll let you know how it goes with the final on Friday week and send you some lecture notes or something.

kushang

HSC
N/A
im doing bcom prof accounting degree n i realli suggest ppl shud do busl350 man .. its like damn easy /.. just one esssay for assesment during the sem n final exam .. essay was preety similar to previous semesterz .. n i justkind of used previous semesters for inspiration n got like D.. n for exam it is like sure pass .. even lecturer said tht no1 fails 350 .. if u fail it then ppl say u create history lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)