Which Anti-virus/Security package is best (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
melsc said:
its not too bad...esp the latest one...the pop up blocker is a lil annoying but once its set right its good...it also tells u wen ur antivirus is out of date, switched off etc
The MS one doesnt expire but does it

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
melsc said:
lol i mean it tells u wen ur antivirus (ie my pc-cillin one) is out of date
oh, ok yeah, whats it exactly say

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
And why is that buddy?

I use McAfee, that said.
Cause some of the ones off the net actually include viruses that the system wont detect

sladehk

le random
HSC
well adaware doesn't and i believe so because millions of ppl use it

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
sladehk said:
well adaware doesn't and i believe so because millions of ppl use it
Actually adaware can make ur pc crash, i know it can cause it has happened to me b4

sladehk

le random
HSC
Well its never crashed for me. And it mite be some spyware "defending" itself with some crash procedure

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
fatmuscle said:
just use whatever you are comfortable with
Well the reason this thread was created was to see if their was anything better than what iv got

equiski

HSC
Korn said:
Actually adaware can make ur pc crash, i know it can cause it has happened to me b4
The only times I have heard of Adaware causing major problems is when someone's computer has tonnes of ad/spyware before they install and run adaware. Then again, your situation may be different.

The next part is kinda relevant...

Norton Antivirus 2004 used to regulary hijack my running processes (usually explorer/iexplorer, or firefox) causing it to drain 100% of my CPU cycles until the computer was restarted. NAV also would cause quite a few illegal operations and such. This was happening when i first installed Windows XP / NAV etc and reinstalling didn't fix the problem. I uninstalled it around 6 months ago and my computer has been working great since. Running AntiVir has made me realise how bloated and resource hungry Norton is. I am yet to be infected by a virus, and my computer is much more responsive.

sladehk

le random
HSC
that is a common program for many slower computers

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Korn said:
are you sure that was the cause of the 'crash'. I find my computer only crashes 4 2 reasons - 1. A virus or 2. Hardware problem i.e 'burnt' hard-drive...computers can also crash when something vital is accidentally deleated or it is so full that it can't cope... Maybe one of ur vital files was infected and then adaware deleated it casuing your computer to crash...I dunno but whatever you do get your computer some form of virus/adware/spyware protection

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
melsc said:
are you sure that was the cause of the 'crash'. I find my computer only crashes 4 2 reasons - 1. A virus or 2. Hardware problem i.e 'burnt' hard-drive...computers can also crash when something vital is accidentally deleated or it is so full that it can't cope... Maybe one of ur vital files was infected and then adaware deleated it casuing your computer to crash...I dunno but whatever you do get your computer some form of virus/adware/spyware protection
It was adaware, i took it to a computer tech, who has like 30years experience and he got my computer running again, and said that adaware is notorius for doing this

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
No prob...just thought that was a bit weird ( i dont use that program so I dunno) - you're probably best of getting a well known program like Norton etc...I use PC-Cillin Internet Security, it has anti-virus, firewall, anti-spam, URL fliter, Private data protect etc... and you can have it scan for spyware when it scans 4 virus'... after i got a boot sector virus using norton...the tech guy suggested i buy this...its good and picks up virus even when u r downloading them

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
Korn said:
Cause some of the ones off the net actually include viruses that the system wont detect
Got proof? I think they do as good job, if not better (with considering price, etc), then commercial products. I'm only using McAfee because it came with the computer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)