Which book to start ? (1 Viewer)

funniboi

HSC
I'm finally near finishing reading Magician - Raymond E. Feist (I hear it's book 1 of a mini-series? Book 2 being - Silverthorn, book 3 being - A Darkness at Sethanon and book 4 being - The King's Buccaneer; not too sure i'll double check)

But having said that, I wonder which book do you people recommend me reading first, I have two books I purchased last year which I finally dug up,

1. Elric of Melnibone - Michael Moorcock; which I hear is pretty different, and is basically the completely opposite of what a "hero" is ment to be. (i.e: he's dumb, ugly stupid etc.)

and here then there's..

2. Eragon - Christopher Paolini; which I heard was written when he was only 15 and is a really great book!

I'm leaning towards Eragon, more then Elric, but just curious with the feedback of those who've read them, to let me know if Elric is actually more worthwhile then Eragon!

Thanks in advance.

crazyfrog

HSC
Argonaut said:
Don't bother readin Silverthorn, Sethanon or Buccaneer. Give Serpentwar a miss too. And the Krondor series. If you want the true sequels to Magician, try the first two books of the Empire trilogy, Daughter and Servant. Skip Mistress though, as it also sucks (decent ending to a series of books seem to be a shortcmoing of Feist's works ...)
Really? I thought Buccaneer was rather good, and I didn't mind the ending of the Empire trilogy... maybe i'm too easily pleased...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)