Which broadband to choose? (1 Viewer)

Jeo

Im with IINET 512 soon upgrading to 1.5

Ping: Firstly ping has nothing to do with your speed. Essentially in games, the *max* you will use is 15kb/s. Ping is relative to how close you/ISP are to the server + errors in the connection. I get 30ms to telstra optus and most aus gaming servers on cs, q3 etc.

Download speed vs limit. If you are with cable, you get 3gb download and about 200k download speed... really depends on traffic as telstra distributes bandwidth... i.e.. bandwidth / amount of users on that server. with 1.5 iinet, you get huge download limit and about 150k speed.

Since i got iinet, no trouble at all, ive downloaded many movies, songs etc at 55k... I just leave it on and go to school or something..

Ive got DLINK DSL500 hooked to a Netgear 5 port switch...

Jeo

Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
im luving iinet i get 2 accounts coz i share with my friend so its 32gigs altogether!!! hahaha
If i were you, i would get the 1.5 and share that with ur friend, works out $10 cheaper, and faster speed.

yes ur limit is smaller than 32GB, its 22GB

realistically speaking, unless you have 100's of GB on ur hard drive, and heaps of cd's, u aren't going to use 11 GB download every month..... ive done like 5 with movies music and more and its nearly month end.

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
optus 3gig sucks..
=[

i'm always capped within a week

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by fwuxed
optus 3gig sucks..
=[

i'm always capped within a week
:p ...hehe sucked in cable users....a few months ago (when u had netstats) u were teasing us dial up and adsl users....well this is ya payback.:lol:

Jeo

no its not! when I had dialup i had unlim download! and i downloaded more than 3GB! SO HAH! TAKE THAT!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Jesh
no its not! when I had dialup i had unlim download! and i downloaded more than 3GB! SO HAH! TAKE THAT!
this leads us to one conclusion-i.e ADSL is the best!!!!! faster speeds and unlim. download!!!!! :headbang:

but ofcourse i also think that adsl was next in line for the "chopping block" (after cable that is):mad1:

Jeo

Oh Nah..... Ill get sponsored or some crap.... i never pay for anything related to computers hahahahaha

Jeo

no offense taken.... hey freaking_out..... where do you live again?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Jesh
Ill get sponsored or some crap.... i never pay for anything related to computers hahahahaha
from who?? your parents?- "mum i need 8Mbit adsl with 2Mbit upload for my hsc"....yeah man, that sounds convincing!:p

Jeo

i got sponsored 10 dedicated servers from onsmart.net... hence me able to provide free hosting...

um can i have 8mbit adsl with 8mbit upload.... bcuz why? bcuz i want to have servers at my home :lol: ..... ok... here ya go... just put some banners up on ur sites :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)