Which car should i get? (1 Viewer)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I really wouldn't mind a new saab, they look pretty decent. I wouldn't really buy one, more places i'd rather put my money, but if I was given one I'd enjoy it a fair bit.

Also why are you bagging honda? They're the best built car out of japan. Compared to other jap imports they're expensive, but the build quality is much, much better.

They look bad?

I got a boner just typing those into google.

Incidentally, their f series 2 litre engine (used in the s2000) was voted engine of the year from 2000-04, despite the last revision being in 2002. b16 and b20 engines are probably the most popular engines for aftermarket tuning and swaps.

Not safe? Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Search results
Their lowest score was 3.5, and thats a 10 year old civic.

I think you just have something against hondas, they're actually quite nice to drive.

fayad158

Banned
HSC
do not get the rx8.
the celica has died out hard.
the bmw is the best way to go. the 325 is pretty quick, looks mad, luxury, its got it all.
i hate it when people post shit about turbos if he cant drive a turbo.
you obviously dont want a 2 seater, it you did id recommend a mg tf, ive got one my self there fuken hektik coz no ones got one and you can get a nice one for about 20 or even an s2000 my mates got onee there rockets. anyway forget bout the celica man, but yea in my opinion the bmw 325ci.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
i hate it when people post shit about turbos if he cant drive a turbo.
Well, that's not strictly true. There are some cars that P-platers can buy/drive with permission from the RTA, even if it's not the only car in the family. You still need to send in an application, but they're generally accepted.

Many European (in particular) small cars/hatches are on the list - including the new Volkswagen Golf FSI, which has a turbocharger and a supercharger, and I can drive even though I'm a green P-plater.

fayad158

Banned
HSC
Well, that's not strictly true. There are some cars that P-platers can buy/drive with permission from the RTA, even if it's not the only car in the family. You still need to send in an application, but they're generally accepted.

Many European (in particular) small cars/hatches are on the list - including the new Volkswagen Golf FSI, which has a turbocharger and a supercharger, and I can drive even though I'm a green P-plater.

FSI's are not charged?
only the GTi is?

Silverste1n

Banned
HSC
Just buy anything with a stereo so you can pump your n beats like every other black wannabe.

-allen23-

HSC
effing sake...
we're in a bloody recession.
and you wanna spend 25 ks like you have tonnes of money in your skiinny wallet.

if i were you... hatchback... or smaller car for fuel economy
manual cauz its more challenging and fun...
and something cheap that you can project on? make it a bit classy so you can turn heads...

but i guess its your choice =)

Last edited:

sickk

HSC
P plater ??

HSC 2009, im guessing yes.

dont even bother anything performance on ur p's (RX8 u cant drive for starters)
beamer wont go anywhere even tho its a 6, a high revving jap 4 banger will blow you away anyhow, dont bother with n/a (naturally aspirated [ie non turbo]) versions of anything that has a turbo model because its not as easy as "chucking tha turbo in lata"

on p's go for something ur gooing to like to drive, not because its fast, u can get some good convertibles (astra is one) if u want something like that

but dont go anything for speed or power becuase u wont get anything good until ur at least 20
and if u ever want anything to feng around and drive hard, u MUST MUST MUST learn manual, its really not that hard

------------> Get a honda HSC (click my sig)

Last edited:

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
effing sake...
we're in a bloody recession.
and you wanna spend 25 ks like you have tonnes of money in your skiinny wallet.

if i were you... hatchback... or smaller car for fuel economy
manual cauz its more challenging and fun...
and something cheap that you can project on? make it a bit classy so you can turn heads...

but i guess its your choice =)
you obviously dont do, or suck at economics

Last edited:

sickk

HSC
theres a restriction on rotary engines (which the RX8 is) ill look up the law for you

must not drive the following
"rotary engine that has an engine capacity of more than 1146cc as per the manufacturer's specifications"

RX8 has a rotary engine 1.3L = 1300cc <---- if u get busted, u get boned by the long hard dick of the law

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
theres a restriction on rotary engines (which the RX8 is) ill look up the law for you

must not drive the following
"rotary engine that has an engine capacity of more than 1146cc as per the manufacturer's specifications"

RX8 has a rotary engine 1.3L = 1300cc <---- if u get busted, u get boned by the long hard dick of the law
only applies to vic and qld says google

sickk

HSC
"only applies to vic and qld says google"

ahhh well that may be the case, nvm im always open to being corrected.
(call RTA and double check but before you go buying one lol)

OT: thought of an S200 ?? (if u can afford)
they are actually pretty good, best P plater car for performance and style i can think of, will smash alot of the supercharged 6's and big V8s. but its only a 2 seater and has next to no boot space + insurance will rape u

¬_¬

HSC
I'd say the e46 325Ci is the pick of the lot- I have an e46 330Ci and it's beautiful and quite a lot of mods are available if you choose to go down that route. It has class and is in a different league to the rest. If you want something in better condition (i.e. newer), then the RX-8 is my other choice. The Celica seems very out of place in that list.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)