Which course would help me pass gamsat more easily (1 Viewer)

boredusb

HSC
oral health or medical science? which one is better for dentistry?

hkx92

HSC
N/A
In my opinion BSc (Adv) or BMedSci are the best degrees that will help you pass the science section of GAMSAT. Depending on what you do in the following degrees a lot first year or so of Med or Dent can be pretty easy as you will aready know everything while people who have done arts etc have to start learning the stuff from scratch. Like immunology and pharmacology.

BOH will not help you pass GAMSAT. It does not give you a solid enough scientific foundation. Like i said in another thread there is no chem or phy at all in the degree. It will make some pratical parts of dent easier. You will already know how to do all sorts of fillings. BOH also will give you a foundation on perio. Also learning tooth morthology can be extremely tedious and you will already know all of that.

boxhunter91

HSC
How do you even know this hkx92?
And besides who cares if people do oral health or people do science/ medscience.
A guy i know done Software Engineering and then applied for dentistry.
He had to learn all the GAMSAT material from scratch.
He smashed the exam.
He then got an interview and got accepted for the course..
I would put Med Science as my first preference but the fact job prospects are low and also Usyd Oral Health Require you to have it as their first preference therefore i dont.
Honestly if you study hard out for the exam like we all did for the HSC i dont see the problem.
And hkx92 can you please relax with the ridicule of the Oral Health course did you even finish it...

hkx92

HSC
N/A
I actually really like BOH, believe it or not. Just don't think its for everyone namely people who are only doing to do dent after with no intention to use the BOH at all and no, I haven't been kicked out or made to repeat part of the course. Most people go into BOH having no idea about the work load and the lack of flexibility (ok fair enough, I didn't cover the good parts of BOH, but that would not answer people's questions).

Students are generally quite supportive of each other in BOH, its a really small course. Its really sad to see someone quit or have to wait to repeat, but thats has just been part of it unfortunately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)