Which degree is more highly recognised by employers? (1 Viewer)

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
UTS business/law or UNSW economics

hi, i wish to pursue a career in business and i would like a degree which would set me up to be successful in the finance field.

If i was to do uts business/law i would major in finance and have done law options such as finance law, world trade law, banking law etc.
If i was to do unsw economics, i would be able to major in both finance and economics, with the economics component being something which i enjoyed learning in year 12.

which of the two degrees should i choose in terms of employer recognition and having a better chance of finding a job?

wndid

HSC
To the OP..
if you're looking towards the finance field, a single degree isn't going to put you in a 'competitive' position.
Especially with many people doing com/law with decent grades looking towards finance, especially investment banking.
However, a good grade (D+) in an Economics single degree should keep you in the race.

freeeeee

HSC
will the economics at unsw cutoff rise from its current 93 in the late round, and if so, what do you think it will rise to?
I think from last year lateround cut-off there were no spaces available for late round

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
will the economics at unsw cutoff rise from its current 93 in the late round, and if so, what do you think it will rise to?
There are no more vacancies for Economics at UNSW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)