Which do u prefer? (1 Viewer)

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Final essays or an exam
For me: final essays have their pros cause you can plan them out, research and think about them - but then they go on for ages and are a pain and tedious
final exams however, only last a few hours, then they are over HOWEVER you only have a few hours in which to be coherent.

In the end, for my mind, i prefer final exams, but for marks etc I prefer final essays.:rofl:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
neither. seriously.
i have been asked this so many times recently.
assignments drag on and on and on and when you have one due almost every week... well this is so tedious. to the point where i don't plan and write as well as i should anymore because i am sick and tired of them!!
yeah so not assignments because they are just boring.

not exams because i hate memorising and i can never seem to retain anything until the last minute when the adrenalin kicks in and there is just so much to remember.

so neither.

edit: i must be in a sick-of-assessments mood haha, my usual response would be: neither. assignments are good because there is time to research and take your time to write it, tests are good because they don't drag on (exactly what you said lcf)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i prefer exams defiantely....

in/out and its over :) whereas with assignments, they just drag on forever and ever whereas with exams, you know what you have to do, memorise and understand.... whereas with assignments its always a bit more complicated

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Assignments take too long, and you can't just go, "Fuck it". Since I would be physically writting/typing stuff up, I'd have to make it good otherwise I'd feel shit.
With exams, you can just go to sleep and wing it during the exam.

Cramming for an exam > Doing an assignment. :uhhuh:

HSC
N/A
I think I slightly prefer end-of-semester assignments, it works better for the subjects I study

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
glitterfairy said:
I think I slightly prefer end-of-semester assignments, it works better for the subjects I study
After reading, "I think I slightly prefer" I thought this post was going to follow suit with the ones before it...:eek:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Law doesnt allow us to have 'final essays' per se (except Admin law this semester, which is a blessing!). Usually, we are given the question in the exam period, and have to write two essays in 2 (3 if we are lucky) days.

I was reading up on units for next semester, and I want to do IT law. But, the final exam is a 2500 word essay, given out 9am June 13, due 5pm June 14th :eek:

Anyways, I still prefer final exams, because once that painful 3 hours has passed, its all over and you can't dwell :)

Tabris

HSC
In ECFS, i would prefer finals, but without the MC, essays are fine, but having 4 essays to do at the same time is a big burden.

but if they hand out a take home essay for my last unit right after my 2nd last exam, i would like that, but imagine 4 essays overlapping each other....

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i don't get assignments so maybe that's why i'd prefer them. i hate exams. im crap at studying. i'm better at just doing the work, like you do for assignments. i haaate exams! and even if it is more work, i'm more likely to do well with them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)