Which Engineering!!!! (1 Viewer)

Schniz

HSC
i cant seem to decide which engineering degree to do... im interested in civil, electrical, mechatronics, mechanical and mining..
some people say elec and mechatronics contain a lot of difficult maths.. and i struggled a bit with 3u maths (only got 24/50) and got my assesment mark for 2u maths (89/100).
i dont handle stress too well so im not sure if i should even go to uni!
my fav subject at school was probably physics.... yr 10 maths was soooo funnn! and then 3u was revolting.
ummm, i was thinking maybe civil because there is a fair range of different jobs you could find yourself doing and i get bored pretty easily so i thought that might be good.
mechatronics... what a name... sounds so intelligent... is it much harder than otehr engineering courses (eg civil)... im pretty sure it used to be a combined degree because my cousin did it.
anyhoo, any advice would be muchly appreciated. :D:D:D

Last edited:

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
i wont talk about what i dont know

Elec:
excellent job prospects for a power engineering major. some tricky math but it can be avoided. compulsory math is ok basically a repeat of 3U plus some 4U stuff. there are many threads where engineering math is discussed by us.

Mechatronics:
even mix of elec and mech engineering. usually these students excel in either the elec or mech and struggle with the other. some interesting projects running at the uni with this field. relatively new degree with the first graduates just finished not long ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)