Which episodes are you doing for Frontline? (1 Viewer)

xkeiko

colour my world
HSC
Hey everyone!

I'm wondering which episodes are you doing for Frontline? I think im going to do Playing the ego card and the Siege, since i know them better than all the other episodes. :)

*waves* :wave:

s2caz

just smile.
HSC
haha well.. i got an assessment tomorrow on..
umm~~ the siege and add sex and stir..
so maybe them because im studying them now..
well~~ was studying..;;

pinkcandy

HSC
Don't you have to know all 6 episodes for Frontline?
I was told that in the HSC they can ask specifically on one episode.
Xo

xkeiko

colour my world
HSC
Really? I didnt know we have to know all 6 episodes.

pinkcandy

HSC
Yeah that's what I was told.... Maybe check with your teacher for confirmation.
Although I think the chance of them asking specifically on one episode is very slim.

pinkcandy

HSC
Im pretty sure you'd definately need to know more than one episode.... What if the HSC question doesn't fit that episode?
Xo

aljoz

HSC
Nah theres no way theyll ask u specifically about an episode of Frontline, theyll just tell u to refer to ur prescribed text, and u get to choose which episodes, depending on which ones relate more to the question.

Im prolly gonna use 2 episodes - "The Siege" and "Add Sex and Stir", and we have to use like 2 related texts as well!!!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
aljoz said:
Nah theres no way theyll ask u specifically about an episode of Frontline, theyll just tell u to refer to ur prescribed text, and u get to choose which episodes, depending on which ones relate more to the question.

Im prolly gonna use 2 episodes - "The Siege" and "Add Sex and Stir", and we have to use like 2 related texts as well!!!
2 related ?!
><" I thought it was just the one.

I`ll be using the same episodes as you are too. I rekn theyre the easiest x]

pinkcandy

HSC
I checked with both my teacher and my tutor and they both said that in the HSC they can ask specifically on one episode so we must know all of them cause if you don't know the one that they're asking on then you're pretty much screwed lol. They probably wont but just make sure you know them just incase.
Xo

kaaleng

in a world of her own
HSC
From memory, we need to know in-depth all the episodes. If unspecified, my teacher recommended referring to 3 episodes. However, if they specify a particular episode or a particular number of episodes, then of course you do what they ask.

We're still studying this module; after the holidays, we'll finish watching and analysing the last two episodes in class, then the trials will start. At this point in time, the episodes I know the best are 'We Ain't Got Dames', 'The Siege', and 'Add Sex and Stir'. However, in the end, you'll need to know all the episodes.

We don't know what the examiners will ask us. Sure, it's easier to say, 'No, nevermind: I'm going to write about this, and that'. However, if the question specifies something, you'll be stuck. It's safer and probably wiser to take notes on all the episodes then find common links (i.e. thesis statements) between them.

aljoz

HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
2 related ?!
><" I thought it was just the one.

I`ll be using the same episodes as you are too. I rekn theyre the easiest x]
Yeh a few of the past HSC paper questions on "Telling the Truth" actually specified TWO or more related texts. i noe it sucks.

Yeh i guess it would be good to know the ideas put forward by the other episodes rather than just go in knowing two and having no clue about the others. I read a high-range sample essay from the 2002 HSC on this module, and the person who wrote the essay referred to around 5 episodes of Frontline and 2 of his/her related texts!!!

carlyfollett

HSC
hey guys
for the actual hsc u will need to no all 6 episodes
obviousely u can choose to no say 3 in depth
n then just no about the others incase they are specific about one

for my trial i only need to no 2 episodes and have 2 other related texts

does anyone have any fontline sample essays that would care to share??
i stumped for where to start
i hate english lol

thanx
love carly
xoxo

HSC
well im writing my fronline essay now, im doing Add Sex and Stir and Smaller Fish to Fry, and then 2 related.

In the HSC there is a slim chance they will ask for a specific episode, just like they can ask for a specific poem, scene, character etc. in any other text type --> this just ensures people dont rote learn their essays... but still its HIGHLY unlikely

HSC
carlyfollett said:
hey guys
for the actual hsc u will need to no all 6 episodes
obviousely u can choose to no say 3 in depth
n then just no about the others incase they are specific about one

for my trial i only need to no 2 episodes and have 2 other related texts

does anyone have any fontline sample essays that would care to share??
i stumped for where to start
i hate english lol

thanx
love carly
xoxo
ill PM you mine in about an hour

kooltrainer

HSC
are there anyone out there thats not doing "the siege"? my teacher recemmended our class not to do it becuase its so popular...
im think that smaller fish to fry is really good because it shows WHY truth is manipulated and directly relates how those in power have capacity to manipulate truth .. but why isnt anyone choosing it????

im still thinking of another episode that i can use in parallel to that.. which one would be good? add sex? ego card?? anit got dames???

Last edited:

zahmad

HSC
We are doing all the ones in the syllabus I think....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)