which HSC books are good? (1 Viewer)

haack_m

HSC
out of excel and macquarie,
i found macquarie is much better for ipt, and there is a good one for hospitality that i cant remember, i think it is hospitality in the workplace book 1, or something along those line, and try not to use excel for english, it is not highly though of, theres not many out there for french just make your own revision notes, and yeh, and yeh same with maths, just do lots of past papers, and if u get suck, look it up in your text book or ask teachers, or yeh

but the best way to revise is to make your own notes, and making these notes whislt looking ever so closely at the sylabus, this should be ur best friend by now, if bos isnt

just lots of past papers, and practice responses for english

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
The Law of Buying Textbooks for the HSC* states that "the usefulness of a book is inversely proportional to its excel-ness"

ie. Success One = Good, Excel = Bad.

*I did NOT just make up the Law of Buying Textbooks for the HSC.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Don't, under any circumstances - buy the Macquarie Journeys guides. Just go to a library and photocopy the relevant pages.

TYCOT

Imperium
HSC
the macquarie guide for modern history is not as good as the excel ones.

the excel mathematics seem alright, any suggest on a good mathematic (2u) book? same goes for past papers?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
It's very difficult to generalise for all subjects.

For Chemistry, Macquarie is good. For Business Studies, no study guide that I know of is good. For Economics, no study guide that I know of is good.
For Maths, you need alternative textbooks and not study guides...that's virtually the same for all of the subjects I do.

TYCOT

Imperium
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
It's very difficult to generalise for all subjects.

For Chemistry, Macquarie is good. For Business Studies, no study guide that I know of is good. For Economics, no study guide that I know of is good.
For Maths, you need alternative textbooks and not study guides...that's virtually the same for all of the subjects I do.
leading edge is good for economics

maths txt books like cambridge is fairly reasonable, but the content is such a overkill

mystake

HSC
I have found that macquarie is the best for chem, as well as success one. Excel is more like having a second text book which is not really helpful so i would not recommend it. My school has given me a whole forrest's worth of past papers for all subjects and i mostly just do those. I use study guides as a cross reference rather than actually using them as my study plan thing but i know friends that rely on them. I guess its up to you, how u learn and how much info u need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)