• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Which IPT book do you recommend?! (1 Viewer)

Lorie

HSC
yeah i found the heinmann a good source. I also used an older heinmann book, which was set out slightly different, which worked well as a 2nd source.

Also the macquire and excel books are great to use for revision and so forth.

joeyjeremy

HSC
Yes Go Heinneman!!

YES i agree with Heinneman! They are awesome books... :D :D

Easy to understand, and alot of revisions questions and YOU GOTTA love the Learning Activities and the CHapter Rewviews!! They are awesome ive done enough of them :uhhuh: :uhhuh:
hahahaha!

Well The Excel Book for Information Processing Technology also are great they are very helpful....... but should refer to Heinneman or other resources before Excel becoz they are are great revision and more in depth.

Peace out Now Peeps =D :uhhuh: :uhhuh: ;) ;)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
i use heinemann as my primary and i use excel as a support. my teacher regularly gives the mastery tests in the jacaranda to do- but i don't really use the jacaranda as a primary or support.

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Exploring Computing Studies by C.Wilson ???
thats a Yr9-10 textbook
certainly not what I would consider recommending for Yr12 IPT

:confused:

gem_max

HSC
Long and Long Computers is a book I was prescribed for my Intro to IT compulsory unit here at uni. Its basically a clone of IPT so if you have access to it and want some extra wording or info to ensure full marks per question then take a squiz at it.

C

CaR

heinamann's the way to go ;) it follows the HSC syllabus structure very well indeed though jacaranda may be more in depth in some topics such as data mining, data warehouse, etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)