Which is better: Postmodernism or CrimeFiction for Yr12 Ext Eng? (1 Viewer)

the_chica_life

HSC
Hello,

Im wondering who here does either of those two and could suggest which one is more interesting/ better to be doing?

I think my class is doing postmodernism next year but i hate the teacher and im not interested in postmodernism so im asking to go into another class which will have crime fiction.

Also, which one would be better to do in terms of resources and help from internet, books etc ?

What do these subjects involve? Could anyone suggest what i should do.

Thank u :)

silentprayer

silently praying
HSC
im doing neither but i do retreat from the global which under the same module as postmodernism. so it might be biased but i'd choose postmodernism between the two since ways of thinking is so fascinating to me

the_chica_life

HSC
Yeah fair enough

I think i might stick with Crime Fiction :) I feel more passionate about it than PM. A bit dry for me.

Thanks for your posts.

h2cker

HSC
crime fiction is intresting as, it CAN relate to society(and by that i mean you)

pick CF!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
^ Yeah but then so can postmodernism (our contemporary society and culture arguably is intrinsically linked with this movement).

I'm guessing the threadstarter still went for crime fiction though :cold:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
Pomo is rather broad, therefore hard to be specific, maybe that's why people dislike it or think it's rather hard.
Spoken like a true man of knowledge, how right you are.

But then i guess it allows you to create a more distinctive thesis as there are so many variations and subtleties within pomo.

How was crime fiction?

(Seriously i&s was quite generic in terms of thesis - just 'oh hey yeah the internal conflict between the will to belong and autonomous freedom is depicted against the restrictive paradgims of society'. It was how one represented the conflict which lead eventually to a catharsis in the text which was important.)

emma_f

or M
HSC
Pomo was the bomb, but I had a great teacher and class. Its so applicable in everything and you can have a lot of fun being a real pain reciting non-sensical [to others] quotes from leading thinkers

kloudsurfer

HSC
emma_f said:
Pomo was the bomb, but I had a great teacher and class. Its so applicable in everything and you can have a lot of fun being a real pain reciting non-sensical [to others] quotes from leading thinkers
Lol yeah. Do Pomo. Its a great way to confuse your friends and family and make them thing you are smart. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)