Which is easier to do well in /more interesting out of MARK1012 and ECON1102 (1 Viewer)

study12345

HSC
Marketing or macro.
I did well in eco in high school and I think OK in micro.
But apparently marketing just memorising.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Marketing is 'easier' in terms of difficulty of the concepts. They just need you to be able to identify and explain, not going to depth tho. But the assessments and lectures are super annoying...

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Marketing is easier to grasp but lots of content.

Micro isn't too challenging in terms of the concepts but they can be more difficult to grasp compared to Marketing concepts.

It depends on what kind of student are you. If you can work independently and do well then do Micro. If you work better in a group then do marketing since most of your marks in marketing are from group assignments,

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
oh woops my bad :p Yea some macro concepts are challenging to grasp. It's all individual work :)

study12345

HSC
thanks :) I think macro sounds a lot more for me then. Sometimes group projects stress me out. Plus I am guessing macro, although more difficult, is more interesting than micro where the focus is on such....micro things lol

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
thanks :) I think macro sounds a lot more for me then. Sometimes group projects stress me out. Plus I am guessing macro, although more difficult, is more interesting than micro where the focus is on such....micro things lol
I personally prefer micro but that's just me :p My friends enjoyed macro a lot more. If you did HSC Economics then it will be like that :)

amandada

HSC
N/A
Interesting = Macro
Easier to do well in = Marketing. By farrrrr.

Macro is interesting and more individual work. But it's marked extremely harshly. Most commerce courses are WAM boosters so I was really surprised. For e.g. midsem average in my class was 9/20. (Yes that is a fail average).
After 3 sems of commerce, econ1102 is still my lowest mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)