Which is the best 2unit textbook? (1 Viewer)

Foxyq

HSC
Our school issued us with Maths In Focus for 2unit math. I really don't like this book, 1 because the worked examples only include how to do the easiest questions and 2, the answers in the back aren't worked out. It just gives the ending answer. Our math department is really lazy and they encourage self teaching. -.- They say it's good to learn the material on your own without relying on teacher too much so that you learn to not depend on others. My math teacher literally just sits in class and the only thing she says is, "Complete chapter 1 and 2 in this double period, those who don't finish will have to stay in at lunch". She doesn't teach at ALL. -.-

Which textbook would you guys recommend? I'm looking for a textbook which shows worked examples of ALL types of questions, including the extremely hard ones. Also I'm looking for a textbook where the answers in back to every question is worked out. Is there such textbook or is it too good to be true? Thanks :)

Peeik

HSC
There isn't any textbook to my knowledge that has solutions to every question for the 2U course.

If you find math in focus too easy or simple, may I recommend the cambridge text? Another alternative is the yellow Fitzpatrick text. I believe either of these textbooks is what you are after. Personally, i would get the cambridge because there are more examples and it has a better explanation of the theory.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I recommend Cambridge.

But you are lucky, MIF is far better than the archaic Jones and Couchman I had issued by my school. (Barely used it haha)

And I feel for you on the teacher situation, a teacher should be helpful and willing to teach a senior class, not just assign bulk textbook questions!!! My yr11/yr12 maths teacher was amazing and in comparison with jnr years at school, really helped my attitude for the subject and my marks lol

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Don't use Jones and Couchman...

My preference is for Fitzpatrick. iirc, cambridge has two books - fitzpatrick has only one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)