Which is the best private school? have your say. (1 Viewer)

Which is the best private school?

• MLC School Sydney

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Trinity Grammar School

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Newington College

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Scots College

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • The Kings School

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Ascham

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Pymble Ladies\' College

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Abbotsleigh

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Knox Grammar School

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Ravenswood

Votes: 17 7.5%

• Total voters

bex

HSC
Hey! Loreto all the way!!!

actually im glad for being let out... the brochures describe it as 'north shore' haha what a joke... Normanhurst... next to wahroongah... hey wahroongah is considered nth shore so therefor Normanhurst must be too?! :rolleyes:

NOT REDEEMER BAPTIST!!! I WENT THERE N IT"S A FUCKEN CULT!!! ask anyone- the teachers
My lil brother goes there lol, hes in kindergarten... but going to joeys for high school

To the person who said Joeys are all boof heads... my dad went there and he turned out ok! As for my other brother.. well hes a meat head to start with so i guess it might be the best place for him!!!!!

Ravenswood.... hmm i know one girl there and one thats left, theyre pretty cool...

I also dont mind wearing a blazer and hat, i think its nice. We dont look like skanks and people treat you with more respect, because theyre not always thinking that youre gonna nick all the stuff in their stores...

kaseita

Originally posted by chait

yeh i agree prefects are becoming less respected.. everyone was 'scared' of them when I was in yr 7. some girls do speak back now(mainly yr 9&10), then u report them to their Head of School and they get another DT for insolence! the Prefect system at MLC is different to most Schools, cos they aren't chosen by popular vote.. ppl could apply for Senior prefect or House prefect, although u have to be a HP to be a SP.. we had to submit portfolios showing our leadership skills.. too much paperwork!:)

Ravenswood is your sis school as well?!:) i didn't know Ravenswood was our sister school until this yr... it's weird cos i don't think we do much together, i don't know anyone from there either..:) only thought we had a brother school-newington..

:) ;) :D
our whole authority system was so much better under our old headmaster. he ran the school for like 40yrs, pretty strictly, so of course, all the prefects had real power! then he retired, and we got dumped with some guy who feels he should spread the power around to everyone, except make it thinner. we've got HPs too! except they have even less power than prefects, but have to do the exact same duties as a prefect, lol :D. I chose to be a nobody, a lowly senior, so I can actually have my lunches, recesses and mornings without hassles or responsibility! had enough responsibility as it was.
ahh I love using past tense. just emphasises just how far away it all is now...mmmm
:)

oh yea, they've been our sister school for yonks. we have some space/satellite thing going with them and russia, though of course since we're only schools, we got gipped with a prototype instead of the real good stuff. but that's like the only thing I've heard us do with them! we end up doing more stuff with abbotsleigh than anyone else, mainly because they're like a 5min walk down pacific highway. and they're brother school is barker :p. I don't think they do that much with them either.

blazers are cool. until you run into the public ppl who hate us privates. then they become a nuisane :eek:. its like someones slapped a sign on my back "kick me!"

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by stressed02
hahahaha how funny....

my parents constantly tell me that SPX is a much better school than mine, apparantly your teachers are very good and helpful and stuff, whereas mine ... hmm well some of them are pretty bad... some are nice though.
I wouldn't say they r that helpful!

A bit of a disapointment actually, they can teach, but some r just deadset hopeless!

chait

Originally posted by tammer
ravenswood are MOSTLY snobby bitches... and most girls that go to all girls schools are skanks... whats wrong with the public system..? at least we dont have to wear hats and blazers everyday. jeans suit me fine! but if i had to choose a private school it'd be SCECGS Redlands all the way :D
I don't mind blazers and hats that much. They actually look good if worn properly. People perceive you differently when you're dressed well. Although, it does attract attention from some pvt school haters oh well.. It also affects the School's reputation, which in turn can affect the student's future. eg. how an employer perceives a student (although it shouldn't be that way).:) a better rep opens more doors.. as for being snobby, yes a fair few are snobby, but not all are. :)

:p :D

chait

Originally posted by kaseita

our whole authority system was so much better under our old headmaster. he ran the school for like 40yrs, pretty strictly, so of course, all the prefects had real power! then he retired, and we got dumped with some guy who feels he should spread the power around to everyone, except make it thinner. we've got HPs too! except they have even less power than prefects, but have to do the exact same duties as a prefect, lol :D. I chose to be a nobody, a lowly senior, so I can actually have my lunches, recesses and mornings without hassles or responsibility! had enough responsibility as it was.
ahh I love using past tense. just emphasises just how far away it all is now...mmmm
:)

oh yea, they've been our sister school for yonks. we have some space/satellite thing going with them and russia, though of course since we're only schools, we got gipped with a prototype instead of the real good stuff. but that's like the only thing I've heard us do with them! we end up doing more stuff with abbotsleigh than anyone else, mainly because they're like a 5min walk down pacific highway. and they're brother school is barker :p. I don't think they do that much with them either.

blazers are cool. until you run into the public ppl who hate us privates. then they become a nuisane :eek:. its like someones slapped a sign on my back "kick me!"
Although theres so much hype about it, being a prefect isnt everything. we were inducted so late in the year that it was almost pointless! most schools tell their students who the prefects are at the beginning of the year, were told half way through. oh well..
I hated doing duty in Burwood park. Those ppl from christian brothers always made stupid insulting comments! :mad: I told them off once : at least we have standards. It wasnt surprising that they had no comeback for that one lol.. anywayz that was my little rant :)

b/c barker is co-ed, does that mean its a brother sister school?? :confused: we seem to do quite a bit with trinity.. so many people have bros there and at newington.. newington has been our bro school for yonks as well.. the founding principal of mlc became principal at Newington or something.. .

Im looking forward to uni.. freedom at last! :D Too bad I cant decide which uni to go to :( cant choose between UNSW, ANU or USYD..

Last edited:

kaseita

yea, our headmaster repeatedly tells us how just mentioning what school we come from, will open up doors everywhere. It is pretty unfair, but hey, might as well get something out of being private!

oh, barker's only co-ed for yr11-12, I believe. so they're yr10s still have that compulsory dance thing with Abbotsleigh, that most single-sex schools have. hehe, I never thought of that actually. I figure they'd just call it their brother school, since its mostly guys! :confused: that's a good question! The thing I've been wondering is why they only let girls into the senior high school...you'd think it just distract the guys more for the hsc year :p.

I'm going for syd! only cause its a little closer, but if I don't get into the course, it'll be off to nsw...I haven't really considered any of the other unis :p.

SPX

my parents constantly tell me that SPX is a much better school than mine, apparantly your teachers are very good and helpful and stuff, whereas mine ... hmm well some of them are pretty bad
What? I mean yeah most our teachers are really good but we have a few that are really lazy or think they are better than us and expect us to know everything because we are in year 12 so they don't teach us properly. Our Maths, History, Science, HSIE, Sport etc subjects are good but recently the level of good English teachers has been down after many of them left last year.
But you go to Ravenswood which is a pretty good academic school how can you have such bad teachers and score so high? At SPX we honour and reward any child who acheives in comparison to schools like Joeys and Riverview or Sydney High who either just reward and praise sporting results or just HSC results but not both.

To the person who said Joey students aren't boof heads, well seeing that all they care about is Rugby then I take the claim that they are. Sorry I'm sure you father is very intelligent...mmm

As for school uniforms , I love it. I wear my uniform proudly and so should everyone as you look smart, prestige, everyone looks and goes "wow" and knowing what the private chicks are like they only go out and look at neat private boys who they know aren't people who have no respect for themselves...yeah...thats to all the boys who untuck their wrickly shirts and don't do up their ties.

And I just wanted to say, Barker girls are mad except some smirky dickhead guy from Barker is always stuck next to them whereever they walk.

grumnir

Meh Going to have to give my school a plug, Waverley College, as well as give a discertion onn the other CAS schools.

Knox - Apples in teh Chappel
Trinity - Anaconda
Barker - Cross Dressers
Cranbrook - 'nuff said really but tiddlywinks will suffice
Alos - aint got much against em cos they never actually do anythin ;)
Waverley - yeah we trashed Bondi but at least it wasn't a queer event (apples/anaconda)

Oh and waves won the Rugby n Swimming. ;)

And for the academic side we've had 2 100 UAIs in the last 5 years >>> and plenty of other high marks

Crazy

Abbotsleigh all the way!! :rolleyes:

actually no it 'was' abbotsleigh all the way...hahahaha im finished!

ahhh no i guess it wasnt that bad, private school bitches really aren't all snobs

but i gotta say, for every cool girl at ravenswood there is one mega fat bitch :p still i guess the good may outweigh the bad ;)

Ronnie

Originally posted by grumnir
Meh Going to have to give my school a plug, Waverley College, as well as give a discertion onn the other CAS schools.

Trinity - Anaconda
Barker - Cross Dressers
Waverley - yeah we trashed Bondi but at least it wasn't a queer event (apples/anaconda)

And for the academic side we've had 2 100 UAIs in the last 5 years >>> and plenty of other high marks
Waverley wins the swimming every single year..... can someone say scholarships????

Aloys have to be the best school! we have 118 boys in the form and 40 of us are prefects.... hahaha and we don't do any duties whatsoever before/after school, recess or lunch. Prefects just walk around with shiny badges and red slips to give out detention to little kiddies :shouting: :grinshak:

Ronnie

Trinity - Anaconda
Barker - Cross Dressers

Waverley wins the swimming every dingle year.... can someone say scholarships?

Oahh and Aloys have to be the best school, there's only 118 guys in the form and 40 of us are prefects, we don't wear stupid hats to school like Knox or SHORE and. The prefects don't even have to do any duties.... thats for yr11s lol and we just walk around with shiny badges with red slips to give detentions out to little kiddies

bex

HSC
Hey Kaseita,
Did you do business week? hehe that week was such a joke! I think all the knox boys were put off Loreto girls for life! well the normo ones anyway... How embarressing...

ANYWAY i think our brother school is Riverview cause of the religious conection or something but we barely ever have anything to do with them, actually Loreto Normo rarely does anything with anyone... we may as well be only children! Most girlsat normo have brothers at View/Joeys/Kings..... so the point i am making here is i really dont know....

can anyone say PROCRASTINATION!?

chait

Grammar has MORE than 2 100 UAIs each year... :p

Get over Trinity! If it weren't for that incident, you'd have nothing else to say.

Last edited:

kaseita

yep, business week was kinda fun! I hated having to wear all the formal stuff at the beginning and end, and especially hated having absolutely no idea what was going on at the start!
I was lucky! I got a group without weirdo loreto girls, hehehe :p. The downside to that, was that they didn't do a thing, except of course, the video, which was absolutely atrocious! I'm so glad I had nothing to do with that.
most of my friends actually started going after loreto girls after that! but half of them aren't normal anyway, so that makes sense.
actually, from what I saw, you guys weren't the real weirdos. the rest of the school was! never setting foot in there again :p

Jenjen

Yeah No Way- Like Nick and Louisa said
Where is Barker!!! We rule man! haha

yeah knox...right ooh aah apple chapel and making their (crappy) athletes do pathways...SO VERY COOL!
nah actually i dont mind knox

and the waverley guy- you win swimming cos you pay all your hairy guys to swim for you. PS- this year I'd be interested to see how many of your king shit year 12s won events
I think you'll find that Barker year 12s won practically every event they were in.

Yeah and about the cross-dressing
can see that happening all the time.....retard!
Barker has the girls mate- I go there and have never seen a cross dresser.

PS- whoever goes on a lame "prefect power trip" is so not that cool. the little kids are scared of prefects. you should so try and be nice.

Jenjen

Oh and Kaseita there's girls from Year 10
the guys don't get distracted cos there's a year to settle in

Jenjen

Thanks to SPX and the Kaseita boy who reckons Barker Chicks are sweet
That we are! hehe
Anyway
Waverley boys are gross! No Barker girl would ever go for one of them

bex

HSC
Bahaha! I had no idea either!!! I just let things happen around me, we handed the calulator over to one guy who was VERY smart.. umm blonde hair.. tall... i cant remember his name.. but anyway us girls were so overwhelmed by the whole thing! We had no idea and the guys did so we were like.. be our guests!
PS our mentors didnt like the girls.. just the guys so we werent asked/given anything to do either.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)