Which is the best uni for business/commerce/economics? (1 Viewer)

which uni is the best for commerce

• UNSW

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • USYD

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • MAC

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • UTS

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
hehe...trust u to say that asqy! i'll only believe when a usyd student supports ur statement :D:p
Yeah, UNSW commerce only has a slightly better rep than Usyd in south-east asia, but not in other countries like America.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Whats so good about UNSW??

is it like the cut off for commerce has been higher at UNSW for years so people assume that it's better??

or is it the majors offered at UNSW?

i really have to pick between USYD and UNSW :confused:

I would pick Usyd b'cos its closer to my place, i think i have mentioned this at lots of places here on BoS...well yeah i don't know...me too confuzzled :(

Last edited:

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by perfectionist
Whats so9 good about UNSW??

is it like the cut off for commerce has been higher at UNSW for years so people assume that it's better??

or is it the majors offered at UNSW?

i really have to pick between USYD and UNSW :confused:

I would pick Usyd b'cos its closer to my place, i think i have mentioned this at lots of places here...well yeah i don't know...me too confuzzled :(
There really is no difference except that UNSW offers more majors that Usyd doesn't offer namely actuarial studies and international business. The cut-off for commerce at Usyd for 2004 will prob rise from 94.5 to 95.x and may even overtake the cut-off at UNSW as Usyd are cutting back on the number of available commerce places this year.

If u live closer to Usyd, then go there, unless of course u wish to major in something that Usyd doesn't offer such as act. studies.

Also the fact that the cut-off is higher at UNSW doesn't mean it is better only that there is slightly more demand for commerce at UNSW than Usyd, but like I said above that may change this year because of the cut in places at Usyd.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Ultimate is right, the UNSW degree has a better rep in the south east asian region, but in australia, I dont think theres any real difference, its jus a matter of preference
and yes, if these cutbacks go ahead, no reason why the USyd cutoff wont be higher than UNSW this year

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate

If u live closer to Usyd, then go there, unless of course u wish to major in something that Usyd doesn't offer such as act. studies.

wouldn't u got to macq if u didn't get coop? that's wot my friend is doing :)

bong

HSC
would that be me pigs? :D

bong

HSC
damn rite, haha, they must've seen my english ranks and gone "nahh, this guy sucks"

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
U would only go to macq if u were intending to study actuarial studies, which has a better rep than that of UNSW.

If u wanted to study a commerce degree u would go to USYD or UNSW, macq doesn't have a very good comm rep.

M

mushi

If u wanted to study a commerce degree u would go to USYD or UNSW, macq doesn't have a very good comm rep.
man..i wanna study commerce at unsw/usyd, but i doubt thats possible since my uai is only in the 87-88..so macq is proably where im going..

macq coomerce isnt that bad is it? i mean its closley behind usyd/unsw right?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by mushi
man..i wanna study commerce at unsw/usyd, but i doubt thats possible since my uai is only in the 87-88..so macq is proably where im going..

macq coomerce isnt that bad is it? i mean its closley behind usyd/unsw right?
well stats show that on average, macq graduates have poorer success rates and starting salaries than UNSW/Usyd

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lol...he really needed to hear that didn't he, minai?
well I dont wanna lie to the poor fellow/girl!

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Minai
Ultimate is right, the UNSW degree has a better rep in the south east asian region, but in australia, I dont think theres any real difference, its jus a matter of preference
and yes, if these cutbacks go ahead, no reason why the USyd cutoff wont be higher than UNSW this year

So yeah..my first preference is USYD if it doesn't really matter which one I go to, USYD or UNSW, USYD is more approachable. If the UAI cut off gets way higher for USYD and i don't get in there, then yeah i'd definitly go UNSW.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Mac is good if you wanna do stuff like strategic management...MGSM lecturers teaching undergrad.

So I'd rate the Business Admin degree at Mac close to Commerce (Management) at the other 2 institutions.

It's just too easy to get into Commerce degree at Mac. The quality of the candidature is not as high. But contrary to what others have said, graduates earn okay.

Last edited:
M

mushi

ok , fair enough

so how does a macq commerce degree compare wif an uni like uws?

i guess macq is the next best uni in syd for it, considering my uai right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)