Which is the better textbook for Maths2u? (1 Viewer)

Edward2593

HSC
Hey all. I do know there is a sticky thread on this, but between the Fitzpatrick 2U and the Cambridge 2U, which ive heard are both really good, which one would ultimately be the best to get? The topic above cant help me decide.

muzeikchun852

HSC
Fitzpatrick 2U is no good. im using fitzpatrick at school and the textbook is useless!:mad::mad:

mioumiou

HSC
Hey all. I do know there is a sticky thread on this, but between the Fitzpatrick 2U and the Cambridge 2U, which ive heard are both really good, which one would ultimately be the best to get? The topic above cant help me decide.
I would say Cambridge 2U.

Most of the questions they have is even harder than Maths In Focus Ext.1. :lol:

Cambridge have better questions and are grouped in order from the easy one to some challenging ones. :spin:

bachviete

HSC
N/A
If you have a lot of time: Cambridge

If you want to get help with difficult problems preparing you for the level of difficulty of HSC: Fitzpatrick

If you want to do really simple problems and not really understand mathematics: Maths in focus

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
if you have a lot of time: Cambridge

if you want to get help with difficult problems preparing you for the level of difficulty of hsc: Fitzpatrick

if you want to do really simple problems and not really understand mathematics: Maths in focus
+1

awaitingtrain

HSC
Cambidge. But if you want to do really well I'd suggest worrying more about what your techer tells you than what text book you have. You can get as many questions out of them as you want and they know ALL the theory :)

occer

HSC
N/A
I never realised that the guy in charge of football in my school wrote the Cambridge books, dayum nice.

Edward2593

HSC
Well our school provides us with the far too easy Maths In Focus, but for some reason the students in 3-Unit recieve the better Fitzpatrick 2unit and 3unit textbooks. So what i really need is something that will prepare me for preliminary assessments, etc.

Last edited:

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Director of curriculum for my school co-wrote Cambridge :)

School uses Maths in Focus, friend gave me a copy of Cambridge

mioumiou

HSC
i got the cambridge 3u and its fucking exhilarating. so the 2u book probably equally as fucking exhilarating
I've seen the 2U Cambridge book, it's way harder than 3U Maths in Focus. :haha:

bachviete

HSC
N/A
So should I get the book or not? I need it ASAP
You should use more than 1 text book. That way if there is something you dont understand in one it may be better explained in the other. Also you have twice (and with cambridge three) times as many problems of difficulties ranging from super easy (MIF) to extra hard (cambridge).

mioumiou

HSC
So should I get the book or not? I need it ASAP
Yes, you should. You should practice more question on a specific topic. And I've seriously looked at the question in the 2U Cambridge, it's twice or even three times harder than the 3U Maths in Focus. So you should get them. (But the stuff from Maths in Focus is too easy, so Cambridge would be just right.

You should use more than 1 text book. That way if there is something you dont understand in one it may be better explained in the other. Also you have twice (and with cambridge three) times as many problems of difficulties ranging from super easy (MIF) to extra hard (cambridge).
+1

I think that what most people does when their school just uses Maths in Focus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)