Which law school is easier to transfer into (internally)- Usyd or UNSW? (1 Viewer)

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
If you just missed out on the cut-off, I'd say usyd is easier, seeing as they take into account both your atar and gpa.

On the other hand, unsw pretty much gives anyone an opportunity to transfer into law, with people with 70 and 99 atars on an equal footing. Unsw also guarantees at least 100 law places for transfers.

I believe usyd says a 97+ atar and a D+ gpa should get you a transfer place, so with your atar you would be in a pretty good spot there. Nonetheless, a D+ average in unsw should also get you into law. I'd say go with whatever uni you like more.

RishBonjour

HSC
If you just missed out on the cut-off, I'd say usyd is easier, seeing as they take into account both your atar and gpa.

On the other hand, unsw pretty much gives anyone an opportunity to transfer into law, with people with 70 and 99 atars on an equal footing. Unsw also guarantees at least 100 law places for transfers.

I believe usyd says a 97+ atar and a D+ gpa should get you a transfer place, so with your atar you would be in a pretty good spot there. Nonetheless, a D+ average in unsw should also get you into law. I'd say go with whatever uni you like more.
are there any interviews after satisfying the marks?

izzy88

HSC
are there any interviews after satisfying the marks?
I had a friend transfer into law at usyd a couple of years ago - no interviews.

Edit: also USYD has no distinction between internal or external law transfer - everyone whether already at usyd, studying law somewhere else or studying anything somewhere else is in the same boat. UNSW has a different system for internal transfers as opposed to external. Whether one is easier or not, I don't know. I guess for USYD it makes no difference as to whether you are at USYD or not, whereas at UNSW you may have a slight preference through the internal system if you are already there.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)