Which Major To Pick For Commerce/Law? (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
hey im doin commerce/law next yr and i was wondering which major to pick for commerce?
im not really fussed about which one to major in but there are so many that i cant pick ! :confused:

there is:

1. Eco
2.Marketing
3. Accountacy
4. Applied Finance (planning)
5. Finance
6. Biz Information Systems
7. Human Resources Management
8. International Biz
9. Logistics
10.Business law
11. Management

------------------------------------

and also, these are my hundred questions:

1. which major allows for the most opportunities and possibly the most earning capacity when i graduate

2. someone told me to major in business law. but since im doing B Laws anyway, would there be a point?

3. B Management sounds important right? but who is gonna employ a new graduate to manage a business?

4. and also, someone told me i could only major in one field coz im doing a double degree.....is that true? if so, would i be able to minor?

5. would i be able to learn a language in uni even thou i dont major in international business?

i know this is a lot of questions, but if u can be bothered, pls provide my wif some advice or possibly some experience. thanksssss:D

suz

HSC
i can't really answer your questions but if I were you I would major in either finance or international business, don't know why but yeah that's my two cents lol

santaslayer

HSC
now y would u major in them?
and thats ok, im glad i could help wif ur post counts...pppffffftttttt

suz

HSC
Damn, my motive was revealed lol
well to me, but clearly I don't know enough, finance seems quite broad and is an area that will always have a demand. I know a lot of people who end up majoring in accountancy or finance simply because it compliments and can work well with law, depending on the area you wish to pursue

I have always been interested in international law and was considering doing international studies so for me international business seems interesting plus you can learn a language and maybe work overseas
Sorry just rambling on and on.......

swangal

do you have to definetly decide on your major yet? or can you just try out a few different subjects in first year before settling down in 2nd year n picking the subjects specifically related to the major you choose?....cos if u can do that, id be tryin a few diff subject areas n seein what ones I enjoy most!

HSC
I am pretty sure that you cannot major in Business Law if doing Comm/Law. However, this was said to me by one of the staff at UOW... the staff there have been completely fucking retarded each time I have spoken to them.

I asked whether or not you can do two majors - the answer ofcourse is yes. However, it may take extra time...

I will be doing accounting... there is so much demand... so it should make life after UNI easier ;) When chosing you major just think to yourself 'What do I want to do if I dont get into law'?

santaslayer

HSC
i wanna bludge even if i do get into law...its just that there is no major in that

Sam

samboh
HSC
not sure abt commerce/law..
but in commerce first yr u dun hafta pick a major.. not yet anyway... not until 2nd yr.

HSC
yes but as u can notice most majors have an almost identcial first year subject line... and there is specifically a 'i dont know what major'.

santaslayer

HSC
lol.....ah yea.....i forgot...haha
thats where u put the eco or marketing stream in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)