Which movie is the best? (1 Viewer)

rajsc

HSC
Out of all these movies/shows
which is the best to relate to the immigrant chronices....
Finding Nemo
Castaway
Shrek
Simpsons Episode- Homer alone(marge is on her own holiday due to stress, homer REALISES how hard being marge is..)
Peter Pan

Please everybody i need your urgent help, i need to choose one ASAP..my assignment is due very soon(1-2 weeks)

P

pLuvia

Simpsons isn't recommended because it's too short and not that significant. The others are all good supplementary texts. Unless you relate them back to the P.S poems well they're all good

Last edited by a moderator:

Aimz- Lou.

it really depends on which aspect of the journey you are being asked about! Finding Nemo is excellent as a text to demonstrate an inner transformation as the result of a physical journey, so this might be the best to learn, as it will almost certainly be relevant regardless of what the question is.
FINDING NEMO:
- The motivation of the journey was to prove oneself as independent, and to move outside of familiar territory. (From nemo's perspective.) This can be related to "Leaving Home" Where the motive is similar. For Marvin, the motivation is necessity. The same is true of the immigrants in "immigrants at central station."

- As a result of the journey, both Marvin and Nemo experience an inner transformation, and are able to understand their surroundings better. This can be related to "crossing the red sea."

So yes. That is my very brief and shaky two cents worth. A word of caution though- the texts you mentioned are very well-used. Sometimes you are better to choose something that not everyone is using.

mai

HSC
rajsc said:
Out of all these movies/shows
which is the best to relate to the immigrant chronices....
Finding Nemo
Castaway
Shrek
Simpsons Episode- Homer alone(marge is on her own holiday due to stress, homer REALISES how hard being marge is..)
Peter Pan

Please everybody i need your urgent help, i need to choose one ASAP..my assignment is due very soon(1-2 weeks)

mmm. i suggest you try and find other movies/shows cos yep, those are used VERY frequently, and also, there's a rumour where markers don't always seem to like cartoons/animations - im not sure why cos they're pretty good. but out of the movies u have suggested, it depends on which poem u use. but finding nemo is good, and so is castaway. if i remember correctly u can probabyl relate that to feliks skrzy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)