which one? economics,legal studies,society n culture or community n family studies (2 Viewers)

mystery_meat

HSC
Re: which one? economics,legal studies,society n culture or community n family studie

I agree with Shadowdude - if you did Commerce (and did well), Economics will really be one of the easiest subjects you can do - it's all just common sense, logic and content covered in year 10. But it will be extremely painful if you didn't like commerce/aren't really interested in economics - so don't choose it as a subject unless you think you will like it or have no other options.

And really, if you get high results in S&C and your other subjects, you should get an ATAR of over 90 (even if it's not counted).

Last edited:

H S C

HSC
Re: which one? economics,legal studies,society n culture or community n family studie

This is getting cliche now, but just do what you like/think you will like.

Sure, scaling is something that should be in the back of your mind, but it's not the most important thing.

Schoey93

HSC

If you consider business studies hard, then don't bother with economics.

Do legal. Have fun.
Why are you doing an LLB (Bachelor of Laws) if you find Legal Studies boring? That seems like a very bad choice.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Why are you do an LLB (Bachelor of Laws) if you find Legal Studies boring? That seems like a very bad choice.
I didn't do Legal Studies in Year 12 (I dropped it in Year 11). I'm doing Law in Uni this year.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

If you're doing 3u, might as well do 4u.

Schoey93

HSC

If you're considering law, you should do advance english and above.

Take:
1. Advance English
2. 3 U math
3. Bussiness studies
4. Chemistry
5. biology
6. economics

Economics is the humanities that scales THE BEST.
To be frank, is the ATAR in the end which counts, not the subjects. And legal studies does not help you much.
False. A good mark in Legal Studies is quite helpful. There are a lot of subjects that are worse for your ATAR.

I didn't do Legal Studies in Year 12 (I dropped it in Year 11). I'm doing Law in Uni this year.
Yes, but did you loathe Legal Studies like this other silly person?

ilikebeeef

HSC

i dont know all the teachers say that we should have a balance of easy and hard subjects.
I listened to the teachers say that, and it let me down big time in Year 11. Do what you're best at. E.g. If you are good at maths do as much maths as you can.

till now my easy ones are: standard English, 2 unit math
hard ones: chemistry, biology, business studies.
so i was thinking to take one more easy subject but apparently in ppls opinions legal studies is a hard, stressfull subject. so all my teachers are like do geo because its easy.
but i really want to do legal though.
HELP!!!!
The difficulty of a subject is different for everyone. You CANNOT say which subject is the easiest, or hardest. E.g. for me, anything that involves essay writing is harder than something that doesn't. For someone who is humanities-oriented, it's a completely different story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)