Which Option topic? Help!!! (1 Viewer)

=JZ=

I am undecided about doing which option topic, yes at this time of the year. Please lend me some opinions as to which i should do.

Pros for Evolution:
*i have read and done some excercises in class
*i have not touched the other option yet
*i have heard on this forum that the topic is more interesting
*i have heard on this forum that the questions are easier

Pros for Hardware:
*i am a maths person, not an english. (excelling in 4u/3u maths, failing 2u english)
*i have heard on this forum that the questions are easy maths

which topic has more theory? Evolution? Which topic will i be more likely to grasp within the time limit i have now.

any feedback will be greatly appreciated. :uhhuh:

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
They both probably have just as much theory.

My opinion:
Evolution
  • prose based
  • some history
  • not really technology oriented

Hardware
  • prose based (some)
  • hardware oriented
  • deal with digital electronics (theory)

JayWalker

HSC
If youve allready touched on Evo then go with Evo..

If you have studies evo and go hardware then Thats like studying begginers french but doing a continuers italian course..

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
rofl i wish u luck !!!! haha ... im doing hardware, i know most of it ... but ive never actually looked at logic gates and flip flops and all that adder/half adder stuf ... i think i will be busy tomorro morning :uhhuh:

egnaro

HSC
you know jack, our teacher sucks major ass. i told her a hundred times to scrap evo, i told that bitch again and again and again but no , she decides to do evo. She didn't teach us much anyway so just go with hardware. evo involves too much history based writing and mostly theory whilst hawrdware involves lots of simple math (binary and hex and such)

Last edited:

simonj2

hero
HSC
we had extra time so we learnt both option chapters :S

i am better at the developers view of hardware and find it more interesting, but i think you could learn evolution quicker - it's just getting your head around some concepts, whilst developers view has lots of stuff to memorise (logic gates, half/full adders, floating point, conversions)

=JZ=

:eek:WTF, unbelievable... just when i thought this thread was dead, 7 replies comes my way :rolleyes:

Ah well, i spent my time on Evolution yesterday, so it's a bit unwise to do hardware today...

If only u guys posted earlier... :( Thanks for ya replies, Good luck at 2.

egnaro said:
you know jack, our teacher sucks major ass. i told her a hundred times to scrap evo, i told that bitch again and again and again but no , she decides to do evo. She didn't teach us much anyway so just go with hardware. evo involves too much history based writing and mostly theory whilst hawrdware involves lots of simple math (binary and hex and such)
Bob?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)