• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

which out of the three essays should be done first (1 Viewer)

magik22

HSC
Hey I was just wondering in the exam should we do the exam that is most difficult first (to ourselves) or do the one that is easiest? I know it makes a difference but I don't know which one should be done first.

I was thinking the hardest one first because at the end the last essay you can write heaps on it whilst if you did the harder essay last you might feel a bit complacent.

thx everyone.

xtremedude

awesome member
HSC
i usually do the easy ones first because they take up less time then i have mroe time to think for the hard ones. whatever works best for you i guess

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
xtremedude said:
i usually do the easy ones first because they take up less time then i have mroe time to think for the hard ones. whatever works best for you i guess
me too

Also if you do the hard essay first you might spend too much time on it, so not have enough time for the other 2

*Baby-K*

HSC
I would normally do my Telling the truth essay first because it's easier to pre-prepare so just get it out of the way quickly to have more time for the other two. Then I would do Module B or C depending on what fits better to my pre-prepared. The hardest one last- so you have more time

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
It really depends on what your comfortable with most. My only prepared response is for module c, so ill prolly do that first. It is almost impossible to make a prepared response for the others, as the questions change so much from year to year.

*Baby-K*

HSC
SkimDawg said:
It really depends on what your comfortable with most. My only prepared response is for module c, so ill prolly do that first. It is almost impossible to make a prepared response for the others, as the questions change so much from year to year.
There is still the general idea of it- In the wild- you know it's gonna be about relationship between humans and nature

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
i am going to do in from easiest to hardest which is in order anyway.
in the wild>speeches>powerplay

u-borat

Banned
HSC
i do speeeches last because if im running short on time thats the easiest one to cut shit out from.
whatever's harder our of ITW/powerplay in terms of the question, i shall do first.

HSC
I do the one that I find the question easiest for...if I know exactly how to answer one of the questions straight away then I do it and just get it out of the way.
For trials I started with module c just because there were 4 texts (telling the truth - 2 poems in detail + 2 related texts) so I just wanted to get it out of the way, and the question was exactly what I prepared for.
Then I did module a then b.
Whatever works for you though, but remember try to spread your time equally - it's not good to try and do the first one in 30 minutes, because that might mean that you probably didn't do a very good job of it :p

dp624

HSC
Probably Easiest, then Hardest, then the last one

inter108

HSC
Do what your strengths are first leading onto your weakest for your last as your most known module my spark your writing ability

:D

magik22

HSC
thx guys. I did easiest to hardest in exam but the last essay I sort of ran out of time thinking too long, lol. I'll need to speed it up.

Good luck everyone!

fretsonfire74

HSC
I do the easiest first because that's where my marks will be. If I don't finish the one I'm not good at, then I won't lose that many marks, but if I don't finish the one I'm good at, then I lose more marks. That's how I see it anyway.

allierocks

HSC
Normally I:
Use my reading time to plan the essays, and see if I come to any massive obstacles in any of them.
I then usually start with Frontline as I find it by far the easiest and can do what is usually my longest essay in half an hour.
I would then normally do BNW BR just because I quite enjoy writing about that module and therefore find it easier to interpret the question.
Lear is easily my weak point, and I normally spend the last 50 minutes cobbling something together for that :)
Good luck (Back to Lear...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)