• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which parents income? (YA) (1 Viewer)

thepeonwhocould

HSC
N/A
For youth allowance, my friend said if your parents are seperated and living apart, they only take one parent (and their partner's) income into account. So if you're living just with your mum they look at your mums income, is that right? Then what would happen if you moved out, not living with your parents, do they look at both of your parents income?

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
If your parents have income, you don't deserve YA.

You will never pass the bogan test.

Dr. Oyster

HSC
My mum gets the youth allowance cause she cant be stuffed moving her fat butt to get a job. Shes so lazy and stubborn.

We're still living together. I think we used an alternate adress or something. Is this legal?
I wonder how much shit we would be in if we got caught.

Last edited:

michael1990

HSC
Dr. Oyster said:
My mum gets the youth allowance cause she cant be stuffed moving her fat butt to get a job. Shes so lazy and stubborn.

We're still living together. I think we used an alternate adress or something. Is this legal?
I wonder how much shit we would be in if we got caught.
LOL
You would get a criminal record and have to pay back everything you took.

Dr. Oyster

HSC
me or my mum? I had nothing to do it. I didnt know about youth allowance until she forced me to sign the application.

my parents are so fuckin stupid...

michael1990

HSC
Dr. Oyster said:
me or my mum? I had nothing to do it. I didnt know about youth allowance until she forced me to sign the application.

my parents are so fuckin stupid...
Well you i suppose, because you actually signed it.
Although you can't legally sign a contract under 18. But then again it could still hold up in court as its Centrelink.
Not a legal expert, but i would highly suggest you discontinue this youth allowance then.

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
They'll take you to juvi court up in Parramatta.

Also, your mum is raking in the dollars man. If she pretends you're independent, I swear she gets like $400+ a fortnight. Holla.

Peartie

HSC
i thought it was only if your parents were divorced that they discounted one of your parents incomes (the one you're not living with) but im no expert because ive never had that problem... and Jon73 just because a parent makes money doesnt mean they have enough for the whole family and a little extra incme from THEIR own tax (some of it anyway) wont hurt...seriously, people that get rejected from centrelink are sore...or do u have some other reason for thinking that?

If its there you might as well use it!

thepeonwhocould

HSC
N/A
Peartie said:
i thought it was only if your parents were divorced that they discounted one of your parents incomes (the one you're not living with) but im no expert because ive never had that problem... and Jon73 just because a parent makes money doesnt mean they have enough for the whole family and a little extra incme from THEIR own tax (some of it anyway) wont hurt...seriously, people that get rejected from centrelink are sore...or do u have some other reason for thinking that?

If its there you might as well use it!
Well...my parents have never been married.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)