Which pen for essay type subjects (1 Viewer)

Mr-X

HSC
TDjie said:
kilometrico srsly. buy bulk. =)
AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!! WORST PENS EVER!

These pens suck balls. It's the only type of pen I've ever used where I've thought "man these pens are f**g s**t"

jirwin

HSC
Mr-X said:
AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!! WORST PENS EVER!

These pens suck balls. It's the only type of pen I've ever used where I've thought "man these pens are f**g s**t"
the only thing i hate about the pens is they look ugly :p

muzzoid

HSC
I find that metal pens are good, i might be strange but i like a bit of weight to the pen i use.

That being said dont rush out and buy one, its not going to make that much difference that you should spend alot on a pen, just use it if you have one around, or have one that is out of ink, go and get a refill for it.
Even if you have a really good pen, make sure to have tons of cheap backup pens just incase. if you dont have one around, In this case kilometric ftw.

Originality

HSC
tanjin said:
It's the shopping list thread i believe.

Re-phrase your question. Which pens are you talking about?
Opps, shall read wat i write now. i meant wats the average amount u can write in 40min with the pen that u recommend.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Originality said:
Opps, shall read wat i write now. i meant wats the average amount u can write in 40min with the pen that u recommend.
The writer makes the pen more then the pen makes the writer.

Meaning that it will only write as fast as you can write, it just may make it easier, smoother, comfortable for u.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Originality said:
The ink doesn't run out on the pen that quickly! But in 40 minutes, i usually write 1000-1200 words. :)

I recommended those pens because they've got a nice grip and they're smooth. Some of the pens i used in previous exams hurt my fingers. :(

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
tanjin said:
The ink doesn't run out on the pen that quickly! But in 40 minutes, i usually write 1000-1200 words. :)

I recommended those pens because they've got a nice grip and they're smooth. Some of the pens i used in previous exams hurt my fingers. :(
:eek:

I can achieve that ONLY if I know what I am about to write in less than a second.
It usually takes up to several seconds to think of ideas because since the trials I never relied on generic essays (except for Section II of English Paper 1)

morganforrest

HSC
I don't think pens make that much of a difference...as long as they're not truly dodgy ones (kilometric, or the crap ones you get from TAFE open days and such) I don't find it makes that much of a difference.

I use Papermate Flexigrip Ultra (MED.) personally (with about ten spare ones) and tend to write around 1000 words (though i typically step it up a fair bit in Modern and can almost crack 1300...hand dies though)

But as pritnep said...it is the writer that makes the pen....I'd spend more time concerning yourself with what you're writing than what you're writing with. If you can't write your whole essay in 40 minutes, it's not dense enough, cut out the crap and you'll have a nice succinct essay you can finish regardless of the pen.

PS one little tip though. If you're like me you have a fair few pens floating around in your pencil case and you just grab them all to take to exams. Take one apart and check the ink, find one that is about half way down and use that. The ink has had time to run in and it won't be so spotchy/runny. Also do a bit of a test write the night before to ensure it's not going to be shit and have a crap ball or something. Make sure that's the one you pick up first in the exam so u don't have to swap it halfway through your essay and break your train of thought

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Forbidden. said:
:eek:

I can achieve that ONLY if I know what I am about to write in less than a second.
It usually takes up to several seconds to think of ideas because since the trials I never relied on generic essays (except for Section II of English Paper 1)
I write fast

Real fast. :uhhuh::)

starrysky

HSC
Forbidden. said:
:burn: .... What about legibility ?
Legibility? What is this word ... "legibility"?

I wrote 1100 words in 40 minutes for my AoS essay last night, and at least 60% of it was practically illegible.

lolscrewed.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
When my hand doesn't hurt it's fine, when it does hurt, it's rather fucked. If I write with a slanted page, then it's fucked either way.
My writing doesn't change at all except in the conclusion of the last question - gets a bit retarded then. When my hand starts to hurt i just write faster (it just happens) - but yeah, writing remains neat throughout. :)

ChrissyGirl2007

Vivimus Vivamus
HSC
i write with the daffodil day pen.
used it through my trials and my english one yesterday.
no smudging, it is a fat pen though.. but its got grip.
i find it strange talking about pens.

SleepyJake

HSC
After testing out a few with my study I have come to the very interesting conclusion that the ones for me are Pilot BP-S Mediums. Nothing fancy and write well.

Now you have the write pen the HSC should be no worries

lezzerX

Exploding brain syndrome
HSC
i use a black uniball eye, but the "fine" not "micro" - it is so easy to write with but doesn't bleed that much...

HSC
BIC Grip Roller! Never had any problems with em. The ink comes out nicely and as a leftie it hardly smudges. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)