• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which Phone? [D900, V3xx, 6288, N76, Shine] (1 Viewer)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
@simplistic: I have an N80 and they aren't a bad phone. That said it's not that great a phone. I think the options he already has are more suited to him. He wants something smooth and sexy, cheapish. Not necessarily a 3MP Camera, WiFi, etc.

S1M0 said:
Why the hell do people go for nokia??

The OS is inferior
what, a symbian operating environment? yeah...
The phone quality isn't as good
longest lasting phones I've had.
It has less features
Refer to first point about symbian operating environment.
Being a OS with a larger user base means more people writing programs.
You can usually download and install whatever you want.
It has no flair
It has no style
debatable. depends what you like.

And to conclude;
What do Sony make?
What do LG make?
What do Samsung make?
...What does Nokia make? ;)

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
mr_brightside said:
@simplistic: I have an N80 and they aren't a bad phone. That said it's not that great a phone. I think the options he already has are more suited to him. He wants something smooth and sexy, cheapish. Not necessarily a 3MP Camera, WiFi, etc.
so which would u recommend ?? N80 or 6288 ?? (in general)

Last edited:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Depends what you want and how much you wanna pay.

N80 if you want the features and can afford it (it can feel a bit bricky too!)
6288 if your after something cheaper but still an okayish phone.

Lazy Lankan

HSC
cheers for ALL the replies guys ... been looking into it a bit more and been talking to a few ppl ... yea ive looked at the SE W850i and I like it, great features!!! At first I stuck away from it coz I didn't realise it was a slide phone ... BUT - like $900?! ... given that ive got an ipod and that the other phones mentioned have most of the same features - they're a bit cheaper as well ... I'm gonna stay away from it ....

here's where I'm at, atm:

- LG Shine, great looks, but not great features - and its LG [NO]
- Motorola RAZR V3xx, everyone's got it [NO]
- Nokia N76, isnt as nice looking as I first thought [NO]

So, I'm left with:

- Samsung D900
- Nokia 6288

Since I like need a phone pretty quick, I'm just gonna decide between these 2! both around same price range - $650-700 ... atm im thinking its gonna be nokia since it has a bigger screen size, slider isnt as dodgy ... what do u guys reckon? between these 2!!

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Lazy Lankan said:
ok so I get that u love the phone ...
but, how is the battery life?
camera quality? (its only 2MP compared to the D900 which is like 3.2 or something)
Is the slider thing smooth or like "loose"?
oh and I haven't actually seen the phone in person but I read that it looks cheap (coz it has like a plastic cover instead of like "metal")?? >> not sure if thats true or not though ... comments??
i have the nokia 6288 as well.

- the camera quality is pretty good, but i still refer using my digital camera ;)

- the slider is smooth.....im always playing with the slider and im kind of surprised at how smooth it still is, i hope i dont wreck it soon ;)

- I have the silver cover and its actually a aluminium cover and NOT plastic.

- the only drawback in this phone, is the battery life, mine stays for exactly around 19-22 hours max. Some times it stays for a longer while. But i think its because i use it alot (mp3 player, alarm, reminders, to-do notes, etc).

Anyway Nokia is the best, LG sucks big time.

Miss Al

HSC
N/A
i noticed you didn't have the sony ericsson on your list...i just got the one with the 3.2 mega pixel camera..loving it!

raven2000

HSC
If a camera is not very important to you:

The BEST (bar NON) phone for you, at a price of 450$ on ebay is the Sony Erricson w950i
4gb flash memory usb 2, 2.6inch screen great for videos, great walkman sound quality, and uiq3.
Uiq3 is a operating system btw, so you can put programs from the net on it ( from specific forums, or u can buy)

Basically, w950i is a great cool looking mp3/mp4 phone, which is like a PDA, but only weights 115 grams.. lighter than n95 by 5 grams, and same as the nokia 6288.

I know it is more expensive than the 6288, but i think because of its features w950i is wayyyy better.

I have had the w950i for 1 month, and so far i think it is the best phone ive ever had for its price

davidw89

HSC
get a pda smartphone..u wont regret
i got the o2 xda atom exec off ebay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)