Which school?? (1 Viewer)

Horrific2310

HSC
Hey, new to this site so don't really know if I'm posting in the right section...
I'm enrolled in two school atm. I left my old school (public with a considerably larger and stronger cohort) for a catholic school with a comparatively low number of students and less competition.
I had pretty good ranks at my pervious school:
1/88 ext english
3/96 modern history
12/198 biology
24/203 chemistry
so it's not like I had bad ranks, but I felt that the teaching was too impersonal and not taught to a great extent. It was very independent learning.
I fit in better at my new/old school (public) and felt happier, however I felt my ATAR wasn't as secure because the teachers barely taught unless you asked a lot and everything. We were give great resources- KISS booklets and example booklets for maths so if the effort were put into the subject i guess rewards would be reaped.

I don't know if it's the right decision to leave this school for a smaller cohort with a school with a lower rank.
Am I?
Decision time is cutting close.

findx

HSC
- Write down the advantages and disadvantages of both schools. Then make your decision
- You should be the one that makes this decision, so dont let other people influence you
- Think about which school can make you happier. you are likely to do better at a school you are happier at

Good luck :)

Last edited:

Horrific2310

HSC
- Write down the advantages and disadvantages of both schools. Then make your decision
- You should be the one that makes this decision, so dont let other people influence you
- Think about which school can make you happier. this can benefit your results

Good luck :)
Thanks, more happier in the one with the bigger cohort but I'm willing to give up 15 months of my life with unhappiness to get good results?

Thief

!!
HSC
Thanks, more happier in the one with the bigger cohort but I'm willing to give up 15 months of my life with unhappiness to get good results?
Why cant you get good results with happiness? What's to say you can't just self study?

Horrific2310

HSC
Why cant you get good results with happiness? What's to say you can't just self study?
Hmm self-study is hard and may leave you feeling a little lost because you don't know if you've completely satisfied the syllabus dot point.

HSC
SELF Study rocks!!!
I don't rely on my teachers...I jig every single day (almost lol) and study at home :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)