• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Which should I major in? (1 Viewer)

Which Major should I go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

knobz

HSC
N/A
Finance and Economics or Finance and accounting?

Eco compliments finance but acct has better job security.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Stupid question.

Accounting has better job security in accounting.

Do you want to work in accounting?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Firstly, with a thread title like that, your facing big problems down the track. You'll make a much more informed decision if you research it yourself.

I'm sure there are a few people here willing to give specific advice, but asking what you should major in is not the right approach.

Also, if you are interested in a career based on job security, good luck with your next 40 years in the workforce. Make an appointment with a careers service.

Last edited:

knobz

HSC
N/A
Firstly do i like acct? yes
do i like eco? yes
do i like finance ? more so than da other 2

i was only asking for advice in which will be a better backup major for working in a finance related area. Accounting for the extra job security in case of hard times, not just doing for the job security but I also like it, or eco cause it complements finance?

sif i will just follow an internet forum blindly, I just wanted opinions from other students.

Conspirocy

HSC
accounting is such a drag on u at uni. it takes a lot more effort than other majors to just get through it. it stuffs up your free options because you have to dedicate them to business law and so u end up with less knowledge in your other majors.

basically, if you want to work in finance go for broke and do eco because that compliments finance better.

if u want a backup eco isnt the one. do accounting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)