Which subject can you not wait to BURN?? (1 Viewer)

gemrism

HSC
as said above :D.

I can't wait to BURN modern!!!!
Such a stupid subject...useless facts which aren't applicable to life at all.
Can't wait till 12:25 2nd Nov, 2006!!! I can go home and burn it :D:D:D!!!

what can't you wait to BURN??

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Burn one piece of paper as a symbolic "farewell" (or rather "fuck you" depending on your feelings towards the subject) if you must, but please recycle the rest! :)

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
i agree. My modern teacher has handed out hundreds of tiny little booklets and im taking them back to him after the exam so he can reuse them on the kids next year! I might burn my own summaries and stuff though, but im selling all my study guides and stuff.

B35tY

HSC
Probably business for me, my teacher's a retard and there's so much paper, so it all fits.

I'll keep a bare minimum of actually USEFUL stuff in case younger brother's do Business (or any other of my subjects), but the rest is going up in flames. I don't care about the environment

passion89

HSC
I'm not burning anything, sadly. I've got sisters/friends in younger years and will give them all my crappy study notes :)

B35tY

HSC
passion89 said:
I'm not burning anything, sadly. I've got sisters/friends in younger years and will give them all my crappy study notes :)
But surely most of it is crap? Just give them the basics; the summarised notes that are actually useful to you!

Burn all the useless handouts, notes made in class, practice papers etc etc.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
That DAMN JOURNEYS BOOK!!

Think there's going to be hardcore firebans though, be safe, people.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i would be burning my heinemann software design book but i appear to have lost it already...

in its place the excel software book shall be sacraficed

seriously it seems like all sdd students were expecting to get into coding and learning how to create programs, but instead weve spent around 1/3 of the time learning how to decide to start to plan on the idea of possibly thinking about creating a program, then about 1/3 of the time learning how to install/implement such a program if we ever were to create it, then maybe 1/6 of the time learning very basic algorithms and the rest learning that viruses = bad, documenting every random thought that comes to mind = good.

then throw in a major project that required skills that were almost entirely self taught and you have one subject which will be adding a vast amounts of CO2 emissions into the atmosphere once the exam is over.

B35tY

HSC
DeathB4Life said:
i would be burning my heinemann software design book but i appear to have lost it already...

in its place the excel software book shall be sacraficed

seriously it seems like all sdd students were expecting to get into coding and learning how to create programs, but instead weve spent around 1/3 of the time learning how to decide to start to plan on the idea of possibly thinking about creating a program, then about 1/3 of the time learning how to install/implement such a program if we ever were to create it, then maybe 1/6 of the time learning very basic algorithms and the rest learning that viruses = bad, documenting every random thought that comes to mind = good.

then throw in a major project that required skills that were almost entirely self taught and you have one subject which will be adding a vast amounts of CO2 emissions into the atmosphere once the exam is over.
Yeah I dropped SDD after prelim, best decision ever.

Our teacher was retarded, almost as bad as the syllabus. In an effort to actually teach us coding, we started with Pascal (at another student's request, cos he's not a douche), which was good as its a teaching language. We then moved on to VISUAL BASIC, which is the worst language ever.

By the time our prelim major project came around i couldn't be bothered to learn another language so i coded a poker machine in VB and got about 96 for it...

Still hated it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)