Which Subject do I drop (1 Viewer)

DanielTheMan

HSC
Hey guys, I'm in year 11 and currently on 13 units

I want to drop to 11 units and the two subject choices I am thinking of dropping is either Biology or PDHPE

I enjoy PDHPE more and I achieve better results in it than Bio however I'm looking to do a bachelor of physiotherapy course post year 12 and ACU for example: requires at least 1 of the sciences, so I feel like I'm forced to keep bio.

ACU Prerequisites:
New South WalesEnglish Standard, English as an Additional Language or Dialect (Band 4 for all), plus: at least one of Biology, or Chemistry or Physics (Band 2 for all)

I don't know which subject to drop and I feel if I drop Biology, I won't be able to do those types of uni courses

icycledough

HSC
I think by considering what happens if you were to drop Biology, it would make your decision a bit easier.

Dropping biology:

• As you enjoy PDHPE, would be in the best interest for you regarding your subjects (as subjects should be chosen on the merits of interest)
  • Won't be able to do physio in ACU though due to the pre-requisite
Keeping biology:

• Allows you to do physiotherapy at ACU
  • Not your favourite subject out of the two
Keep in mind as well that there are plenty of other universities in NSW which offer physiotherapy, for e.g Macquarie, USYD, UTS, WSU. I believe though that Macquarie's course is post-graduate, so look out for that as well. Personally, I'd keep PDHPE as the other unis may not have any pre-requisites (I haven't looked at all of them, but you can search them up and see if they have any pre-requisites) and most importantly, you enjoy it more than Biology, which is important in the grand scheme of things for Year 12.

Yakult1

HSC
Gonna say the same thing as the previous response, but just keep pdhpe, and do physio at a better uni than acu. You will always perform better in your hsc if you are doing subjects which you like and enjoy studying for. You got this!

DanielTheMan

HSC
Thanks for the responses, I had a look at Sydney Uni's physiotherapy course and they said that Physics and Chem are assumed knowledge, will this mean I might have trouble with some of their content, or is it not that important

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)