Which subject is everyone pissed off about? (1 Viewer)

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Okay, many people would have subjects they thought they could've done better, or the ones for which they missed out on band six by a mark or two.
I will start:
*87 for Modern History-I know this is quite well off 90, but I came first in the school at this, and previously the top at subject previously got Band 6 as far as I could trace.
*44 for SOR I-Missed out on Band 6 because I got only 43 for exam. Damn one mark. Thought I regurgiated to the point that marker would surrender and give me some marks. Anyone reckon that I might have a shot in clerical recheck?

7th Sign

HSC
very very pissed with my mark of 89 in IT

got a internal mark of 90 and external mark of 88

I think I stuffed up in the It exam by a few because I feel like in the project I did well.

I really wanted a band 6 in this subject....

in IPT i only got 80 which I was very very pissed off about our dickhead teacher left the raw marks for some stupid reason he didnt scale them up :| got 82 intenal and a exam mark of 78 which was very very shit...I thought I deserved a band 6 in this subject aswell...

was also un happy about english got like 82 in my trial and got like 68 in the exam internal was 72 :( should have been in the 80s but i got killed on first assesments.. very very pissed off!!! I think I got killed on the first questons paper 1...

oh pissed about business aswell :( internal mark and exam mark were 12 different!!!

maths I am not pissed about I was happy about..

that is all the bitching I have about my hsc marks :(

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
IT - 72.

I wish i never did the hell forsaken subject. I coulda done Legal Studies!

danieljarvis

HSC
biology - 82. i cried.. the test wasn't specific enoguh on the dot points. people got better marks through general knowledge, was fucken gay.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
7th Sign said:
in IPT i only got 80 which I was very very pissed off about our dickhead teacher left the raw marks for some stupid reason he didnt scale them up :| got 82 intenal and a exam mark of 78 which was very very shit...I thought I deserved a band 6 in this subject aswell...

:(
?
I think you've missed the point of school scaling for final report. It's only to see who is the dux of the year etc. (ie someone who gets 100 in IT doesn't get dux over someone who got 90 in 4unit maths).

They send the raw marks to the board of studies when they scale for the report (even if they do send a scaled mark - your Assessment marks are based on yours and your peer's HSC marks - so it would have made absolutely no difference if you got 95 or 55 (as long as its the same proportion to your class mates)

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
ext 2 english - I got 31/50 and I spent a solid year working on my critical response, my friend was up the night before, fell 2000 words short of the word limit and obtained 45/50...

The HSC markers for extension 2 english need to spend more than a quick 30 minute read and grammar check of responses if they truly wish to find talented young writers. It's pathetic the way emo work still gets 45+ year in year out. I stuck very close to syllabus regulations in terms of analytical and creative writing. I didn't deserve a 31... Not without an explanation

Carnivour

HSC
chemistry. grrrrrr. the subject i studied by far the most for (actually pretty much the only one i even touched in STUVAC), and my lowest mark by a mile.

gosh

extension history- got 24/50 for my examination mark, i seriously dont know how i failed that test. ended up getting 29 band 2 overall but luckily didnt count.
biology 89(self explanatory, also cost me a premier's award)

Bobby George

HSC
Im very annoyed at History Extension. Got 38/50, worked my behind off all year for that subject. Really wanna read the examiners comments for that one

MasterP

Come to Daddy
HSC
English Advanced. I missed an assesment task and they wouldn't let me re-take it, which cost me an additional band 5.

HSC
Only got 80% in Chem HSC which is an aligned mark, thats shocking considering i got 80 raw in my CSSA 2005

princess_ariel

HSC
was disappointed with a few subjects:
SDD - the questions were too general and i had no idea what answers the markers wanted. got 93, felt bad considering i studied really hard for this
chemistry - also a 93, couldnt understand why, since i've been getting 98 or 99 in all my assessment tasks and i felt my performance on the hsc exam was not worse
english advanced - a mere 91, which pulled down my UAI. i should have taken ESL instead!!!

elisabeth

HSC
Well, it's frustrating to know that in 3 of my subjects, I was 2 marks away from if not topping the state, then getting a much, much higher ranking. And getting 89, on the brink, for English. But in the end, they're only little things and I'm still stoked.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
English Extension 2 was brought down from a 46 exam mark to a 41 because the other people in my class did horribly, and dragged down my assessment mark.

frootloop

HSC
English (Advanced)- maybe if I had finished my Mod C essay... maybe I would've reached band 6? But what can you do now? :rolleyes:

smithica

HSC
ok im pissed at DRAMA!!!! anyone else doing drama would understand how involved you have to be in the subject, it was the most emotionally taxing subject of my life and after topping every drama assesment,exam, project, performance of my entire high school life......... i got 89...... so close ....yet so far...........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)