Which subject should I drop to gain max ATAR? (1 Viewer)

iheartOJ

HSC
Hi, I'm doing the HSC this year and I'm still not sure which subject I should drop. Currently I'm taking...

Advanced English
2U Maths
EXT 1 Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Economics
Ancient History

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It will depends on what performance you're having in the subs, and what's in your ability to do in each sub lol.

Drop your weakest and optimise your performance in the others.

We can help you decide if we have an idea of your results and such.

enoilgam

HSC
Hi, I'm doing the HSC this year and I'm still not sure which subject I should drop. Currently I'm taking...

Advanced English
2U Maths
EXT 1 Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Economics
Ancient History
Which subject is your weakest and which one do you like least?

iheartOJ

HSC
Which subject is your weakest and which one do you like least?

Thanks LoveHateSchool. I've updated my question to include my year 11 rankings, hopefully it might be helpful?

Enoilgam, I enjoy all my subjects so I have no idea!

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
Thanks LoveHateSchool. I've updated my question to include my year 11 rankings, hopefully it might be helpful?

Enoilgam, I enjoy all my subjects so I have no idea!
Well, in that case, you should drop your worst subject. By the looks of things, that's maths, but I assume you might want to keep that right?

iheartOJ

HSC
Well, in that case, you should drop your worst subject. By the looks of things, that's maths, but I assume you might want to keep that right?
I never thought of dropping maths...although my parents wouldn't allow it ):

jnakhoul

HSC
The subject you are weakest in and which you believe will rank you down in your ATAR.

Last edited by a moderator:

enoilgam

HSC
I never thought of dropping maths...although my parents wouldn't allow it ):
In that case, I would probably wait until after the half yearlies to decide on what to drop. By then, you should hopefully have a better idea on which of your other subjects is your weakest link.

Just as a side note, this is your HSC, you shouldnt be influenced by what your parents tell you. At the end of the day, you study the work and sit the exams, but most importantly of all you bare the consequences of your results. So just keep that in mind :).

iheartOJ

HSC
In that case, I would probably wait until after the half yearlies to decide on what to drop. By then, you should hopefully have a better idea on which of your other subjects is your weakest link.

Just as a side note, this is your HSC, you shouldnt be influenced by what your parents tell you. At the end of the day, you study the work and sit the exams, but most importantly of all you bare the consequences of your results. So just keep that in mind :).
Thanks for the advice Enoilgam!

kurama-amanama

HSC
Also, keep in mind that if your performance is really close in all your subjects you don't HAVE to drop anything. I know a lot of people (myself included) who did 13 units for the HSC and did really well, so if you think you can handle it (i.e. were coping well during Term 4 last year) by all means give it a shot. It just depends on how hard you're willing to work at it! :)

Kingportable

HSC
Drop chem if your not good at it, it steals too much time and there are probably going to be people who got accelerated and that you would be competing with. Other than that ancient history would be a big booster if your also thinking of history extension.

Last edited:

Runningup

HSC
N/A
Its all about ranking keep the subjects your ranked highest in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)