Which subject should I drop?? (1 Viewer)

hollyddd

HSC
Hi everyone!
I am a current year 11 student who has just started the school year with 14 units knowing I need to drop one or two. My units include Maths Ext, English Ext, Bio, Economics, Legal and Business. I am torn on which subject to drop, Bio or Ext English? If I drop Bio then I will be on 12 units and have many more free periods to study but I still have a lot of morning classes before school because I am doing both extensions. I haven't had any interactions with my Bio teacher yet but from what I have heard from a lot of people is that she doesn't know how to teach and that half the year 12s dropped out of the course due to her bad teaching- also I find some Bio interesting but science isn't my favourite. Although, then I would be doing all social sciences plus english and maths which I wonder if it would be too focused?
If I dropped English extension I would have more free morning before school meaning I could sleep in more but I would be on 13 units. I don't mind english but I am not super interested in it but the topics sound interesting. I know english is a lot of self-motivated work which I hope I would be ok with, my teacher is good.

I am thinking of doing business or something like commerce, possibly law after graduation so what do you recommend I drop? (I have decent marks in both from year 10- English probably being stronger)

Thanks,
Holly :)

notme123

HSC
Hi everyone!
I am a current year 11 student who has just started the school year with 14 units knowing I need to drop one or two. My units include Maths Ext, English Ext, Bio, Economics, Legal and Business. I am torn on which subject to drop, Bio or Ext English? If I drop Bio then I will be on 12 units and have many more free periods to study but I still have a lot of morning classes before school because I am doing both extensions. I haven't had any interactions with my Bio teacher yet but from what I have heard from a lot of people is that she doesn't know how to teach and that half the year 12s dropped out of the course due to her bad teaching- also I find some Bio interesting but science isn't my favourite. Although, then I would be doing all social sciences plus english and maths which I wonder if it would be too focused?
If I dropped English extension I would have more free morning before school meaning I could sleep in more but I would be on 13 units. I don't mind english but I am not super interested in it but the topics sound interesting. I know english is a lot of self-motivated work which I hope I would be ok with, my teacher is good.

I am thinking of doing business or something like commerce, possibly law after graduation so what do you recommend I drop? (I have decent marks in both from year 10- English probably being stronger)

Thanks,
I definitely recommend dropping Bio. English Extension is going to help with adv so much if you have a knack or passion for that subject. Plus English Extension is relatively closer than Bio to the uni course you wish to pursue. Also if you've heard stories about the teacher being sub-par, then you wont do well in the subject unless you're self-motivated to learn content.

violetcombe

HSC
Hi everyone!

Thanks,

drop bio. you don't want to have 13 units and the idea that having a narrow focus of subjects is a bad thing comes from nowhere. You should do the subjects you will do well in to get a shiny atar, the specifics don't matter if you do well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)