Currently doing the following for preliminary;

• Advanced English
  • Mathematics (2U)
  • Mathematics Extension 1
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • Geography
  • Design and Technology

Planning to drop Design and Tech so I can do Visual Arts and shift to a different Physics class (due to issues with certain subjects being on the same line).

Wishing to do architecture, so would this be a wise decision?

Also Chemistry is boring me to death so I'd want to switch to another subject on the same line as Chemistry, but uncertain of which one to pick (Legal Studies? Engineering Studies? Biology?)

Currently, my Physics is on Line 5, and so is Visual Arts. Design and Tech is on Line 6, so I was planning to drop Design and Tech so that the Line 6 slot would be free, and I can shift my Physics to Line 6 and hence pick Visual Arts to fit into the slot of Line 5.

The subject change forms arrive during this weekend, and I've got this weekend and possibly Monday to figure this out. Any type of advice/comments would be greatly appreciated as it would assist in my decision.

Many thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Yay! Another architecture hopeful :)
I don't do DT, but I know it can be a recommended course for some architecture degrees. I would really recommend talking to year advisors, or actual students of architectures or call up universities and ask what courses they recommend for architecture so you can make an informed choice. Personally, I think DT has a lot of great, applicable practical skills that are adaptable for architecture. You can probably extract these skills from VA as well, though. Depends which one you like better! I do VA right now, and I really enjoy it. If you want to know more about it, feel free to PM me.

What are your interests, etc? (with regards to dropping chemistry) In relation to your desire to pursue architecture, Engineering studies seems like a fitting choice. I guess it helps to understand how the design can physically work, as well as aesthetically work.

I hope this helps a little bit with your decision making :p

simplyinsanity

HSC
You should choose the subjects you like doing. As a result, I think you should drop Chemistry since if you're finding it boring, you will be less motivated to study for it. Then, because your interests seem to be maths based, I would suggest you pick up Engineering studies in that slot.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi IceKool 15, I would definitely recommend you to drop Chemistry considering you don't enjoy the subject, as to which of the three subjects out of Legal Studies, Engineering Studies and Biology you should pick, you should have a browse at the relevant syllabuses and textbooks and see which subject seems to be suited to you the most. If you like Physics, Engineering studies may be the best compliment, if you like learning about ecosystems, human body and evolution, then biology is a logical choice, or if you are interested in the humanities, then legal studies would be the way to go. Just make sure you are going with subjects you believe you will enjoy because enjoyment is paramount to success in any subject:). Best wishes for you to ace your studies this year:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)