Which subject would be better to drop? (1 Viewer)

Haruka

HSC
So I've got a reduced number of subjects this year because I was accelerated in Japanese (studied the language for years, but no Japanese blood so I couldn't do the Background Speakers or Heritage course) and am struggling in two of them: Chemistry and Music.

Chemistry is hard for me because of all the different formulas and things I have to memorise, the fact my teacher's strict and there's a rumour about him being a pedo doesn't help. Half-yearly was so stressful I gave in and got away with cheating... I realise it was a bad move now and I should have just accepted the crap mark, it's my fault that I get confused.

Music is also really hard since all my classmates have had formal lessons in whatever they play or in vocals, and I only sing (haven't been properly taught) and play some guitar (chord fingering is ALL WRONG according to my teacher). 4 performances just seems like a whole lot, and I'm pretty picky about my music, unlike everyone else in the class - they literally like everything. My teacher's pretty chill and gave me a good mark because he felt bad for me, but the HSC markers probably won't forgive any of my little mistakes.

I'm not sure what to do... drop one, keep both even though they're my worst subjects, or just repeat and start over completely with better subject choices if that's possible.

enoilgam

HSC
From the sound of things, I'd say your reasons for dropping Music seem much stronger than those for dropping Chemistry.

Haruka

HSC
From the sound of things, I'd say your reasons for dropping Music seem much stronger than those for dropping Chemistry.
It's not just the teacher. The course is pretty stressful too, since I don't even know how to balance an equation (that was where I cheated).

enoilgam

HSC
It's not just the teacher. The course is pretty stressful too, since I don't even know how to balance an equation (that was where I cheated).
It isnt only that - from what you've said, it seems that your issues are a lot more fundamental and difficult to fix with Music. I think that you would be better off investing the effort into fixing Chemistry, as opposed to putting in more effort into getting things right with Music.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
You'd rather drop music, due to the fact you could pick up on chemistry through out this year with hard work and dedication.

Music is something you need to be taught I guess, and those who perform will in it generally have been playing from a young age and have had lessons for a few years thus being so good.

Rest is upto you OP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)