which subject would be better? (1 Viewer)

pigas

HSC
(example)

Say I got a mark of 85% in biology, with a rank of 15 / 68

would that be better (in terms of scaling and all that stuff) than getting:

a mark of 85% in business studies, with a rank of 5 / 95?

which would be better? with business cohort being generally weaker, biology being stronger.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I have a feeling it could be business? But not really sure, unless you know what your moderated exam marks are (unless those are your moderated marks, not your raw marks)...like what if the 15th highest mark in biology was like 70? and then like for business, you kept the 85? bc I have a feeling an 85 in business > 70 for bio, no matter the crazy amounts of scaling. (someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

So yeah, not 100% sure! but that 5/95 rank is really good for business, congrats :)

johnny_boy12

HSC
Uni Grad
I have a feeling it could be business? But not really sure, unless you know what your moderated exam marks are (unless those are your moderated marks, not your raw marks)...like what if the 15th highest mark in biology was like 70? and then like for business, you kept the 85? bc I have a feeling an 85 in business > 70 for bio, no matter the crazy amounts of scaling. (someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

So yeah, not 100% sure! but that 5/95 rank is really good for business, congrats :)
LOL 70% raw for bio scales to 86% aligned and and if your raw for bio was 85% then you would be looking at around 93-94 . Whilst for business im pretty sure 85% raw is getting you to around 93-94 also so in term of which subject is better, they are both equal but in biology there is more room for error. But then again its hard to predict which subject is"better" without seeing the exam.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
LOL 70% raw for bio scales to 86% aligned and and if your raw for bio was 85% then you would be looking at around 93-94 . Whilst for business im pretty sure 85% raw is getting you to around 93-94 also so in term of which subject is better, they are both equal but in biology there is more room for error. But then again its hard to predict which subject is"better" without seeing the exam.
Business exam was easy this year though, I heard?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)