Which supermarket pays better??? (1 Viewer)

Matthew_152

Is it hard to get a job at woolies or coles if u r turning 18, have had no previous work experience and are about to commence full time study at uni?

ladidid

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Matthew_152
Is it hard to get a job at woolies or coles if u r turning 18, have had no previous work experience and are about to commence full time study at uni?
I know someone that applied for woolworths online not long after he finished school and they called him like 6 months later...lol
When I handed in my application to woolies (this was b4 they had online applicaton) they basically called me up the day after, but I was 14. I think it's just a matter of applying at the right time.

A lot of the staff at my work are at uni though and they employ more people every 3-4 months. As for experience you don't need any. The job is easy as but it can get very tiring.

At the moment I get $12.40 an hour, $17.57 on Sundays and I'm 18.

MrA

so, they basically pay u based on how old u are only, and not on how much experience u have had?

soso

HSC
N/A
Union or not union

I work in coles. I was getting all sorts of harrasment. Union came in and stopped it. Then I couldn't get shifts. Union came in and fixed that too. I wouldnt go without the union and I am casual

soso

HSC
N/A
NO but they asked for us to contact head office to complain about the one person annoying us because they had not been able to get rid of her and this was the shop manager

Revenge is getting the extra shifts

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i work at woolies. well i have for over 2 years. i'm just about to quit cos i got another job. our managers were so awful. i was on part time and i get 8.80 or something and i'm 17. but part time is good cos you get sick pay and holiday leave, so i use that up whenever i have exams. my new job isn't at a supermarket, but it's a bludge and i get 12.50.
i hat the sda cos they take all my money and i've never actually used any of their services. i tried to get out of it but it was reallllllly hard, they didn't want to let me. but since i'm not working in a shop anymore they can get screwed yay!!!
not supermarkets, but never work in pizza hut. my friends 16 and works there, they don't give her payslips and she gets under $4 an hour, which is less than minimum wage...

soso

HSC
N/A
YOur friend can go to the department of fair trading and tell them her problem. They will make the pizza shop pay her back wages and make them give her a group certificate for tax.

The shop is taking tax but not sending it on to the tax office. They are in heaps of trouble if she wants to make it

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I work at Coles..the pay is average...so average in fact, I ate my lunch...an orange juice and some chicken wings....and it was ONE HOUR of my pay...sad...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
I work at Coles..the pay is average...so average in fact, I ate my lunch...an orange juice and some chicken wings....and it was ONE HOUR of my pay...sad...
how much per hour?

soso

HSC
N/A
If you click on the link and scroll down the page you will find that parttime M-F under 17 is $7.43 ph for a base grade worker Sat $9.29 and Sunday $11.15 if casual the rates are $8.92, $11.15 and $13.38 more as you go from grade 1 to grade 4 also add 75 cents for holiday pay.

Grade 1 is kitchen hand and grade 2 is basic waiting on tables.

Grade 2 rates are $7.71, $9.65 and $11.56 Casual $9.25, $11.56 and $13.87 plus holiday loading.

Your friend is being exploited and working for sweat shop rates. The employer is employing her illeagally. It is best to go to the Dept of Industrial Relations while she is still employed. This will make the employer pay her back pay. She may get the sack of course but the back pay would br good. She also needs to contact the Australiaan Tax Office as he is ripping off her tax. He is taking it out but not sending it on to the tax office. She is then unable to do a tax return and get a proper t ax refund. This is an illeagal practice.

The employer should not be allowed to exploit young people in a job because they don't know the LAW.

lET ME KNOW HOW SHE GOES

blitzacer

HSC
i'm thinking about applying at coles for a job at the moment -17-, any thing i should add that'll attract their attention?

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)