Which Topic Is Hardest? (1 Viewer)

Which of these Ext 1 Topics you find hardest?

• Probability (Perm & Comb)

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Integration

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Mathematical Induction

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Series & Applications

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Trigonometry (Functions, Diff, Integ etc)

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Circle Geometry

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters

kpq_sniper017

just to start.....personally, id say probability is the worst for me (i hate perm & comb)......other stuff is generally fine though, but i don't like harder circle geometry either (can get confusing at times).....

just off the topic though.....what topic are you guys up to?? some books say that induction/probability/exponential & logs is in the prelim. year (im just wondering whether my school is behind) - we're almost up to trig. function & differntiation of trigs.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I think probability is meant to be the hardest. Personally, I hate circle geometry.

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by pcx_demolition017
just off the topic though.....what topic are you guys up to?? some books say that induction/probability/exponential & logs is in the prelim. year (im just wondering whether my school is behind) - we're almost up to trig. function & differntiation of trigs.
wow... your school is slow. :p

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
yeah, parametrics is a bit of a bitch, but some probabilty questions can hav so many different meanings

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
sif 3u integration wud b considered hard :p

id say perm is hardest...~

Last edited:

rumour

HSC
the hardest topic-parametrics isn't in this!!!
so i guess trig(inverse diff), it's confusing!

HSC
hrmm parametrics and inductions by farrr....we did parametrics in yr 11...and i still dont get it *sigh*

personally i find circle geo and series easiest.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Its all extremely easy unless its on question 8 of a 4u exam

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Calculon
Its all extremely easy unless its on question 8 of a 4u exam
not really. i think question 7 and 8 of 4u is nearly the same from what i've seen so far.

question 7 of 3u can be damn hard too... harder than most of the first 6Qs of 4u exam.

the thing is you wouldn't get topics such as straight integration and trig without applications, in the last questions. most of the time last questions are them probability, geometry, applications of calculus, and proofs (induction) questions. since this type of questions do not have a conventional method (formula) which you apply all the time without understanding of the mechanics of it... as in integration and differentiation methods.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
not really. i think question 7 and 8 of 4u is nearly the same from what i've seen so far.

question 7 of 3u can be damn hard too... harder than most of the first 6Qs of 4u exam.

the thing is you wouldn't get topics such as straight integration and trig without applications, in the last questions. most of the time last questions are them probability, geometry, applications of calculus, and proofs (induction) questions. since this type of questions do not have a conventional method (formula) which you apply all the time without understanding of the mechanics of it... as in integration and differentiation methods.
I'll substitute the extremely for fairly easy, but seriously there isn't much challenging stuff in the 3u course apart from probability and circle geometry, and I kick ass at those

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Originally posted by Calculon
I'll substitute the extremely for fairly easy, but seriously there isn't much challenging stuff in the 3u course apart from probability and circle geometry, and I kick ass at those
Out of the list of topics given, id say permutations and combinations are the hardest (especially the proof type questions) Overall though, bionomial theorem/probability and projectile motion to a lesser extent are in my opinion the most challenging topics in 3u.

xotic_rose

trigonometry is the best!
and i hate parametrics and some sketching too!!
more importantly, i hate our school tests! y are they so much harder than the text books and the actually hsc??? :'( it's a great self esteem blower

life4_rent

logs & exponentials.. killer!!

i think im the only one who likes parametrics & trig. lol.. i had trouble in series & sequences.. prolli cuz i didnt pay attention throughout that topic.. lol

perms & coms are ohhh-kaaaayy... not too bad =)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Circle Geo, only because of the amount of things to remember, and the fact that they can be made really hard, if the teacher is feeling mean.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
some people obviously haven't done applications of calculus to the physical world. ^_^

wait till you get to that guys, if you think these topics are hard (not saying they aren't), then your gonna die in stuff like projectile motion and simple harmonic motion, maybe even some of the harder rates questions (not likely though).

hehe, trust me, if someone can do the whole development section in the cambridge book (forget the extension question), or the whole of fitzpatrick on projectile motion, i can guarantee you a 97+ mark for 3u maths right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)