Which Topic Is Hardest? (1 Viewer)

Which of these Ext 1 Topics you find hardest?

• Probability (Perm & Comb)

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Integration

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Mathematical Induction

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Series & Applications

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Trigonometry (Functions, Diff, Integ etc)

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Circle Geometry

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
and WTF, circle geo we did in year 10. The theorems are straight forward, the questions (eg the fitzpatrick ones) most can be done in your head (to learn the theorems anyway), and the fitzpatrick questions that are extremely hard aren't even in the syllabus.

I don't understand why circle geo is even there... its like, you look for the same things everytime. If your not good at circle geo, here are a few tips which will help you out 99% of the time:
1. Use a maximum of 3 variables, usually only 2. x and y. everything else is a relation to these two variables.
2. If you don't see how to do it straight away, go psycho. Label every single angle, using every theorem you can spot.
3. If you can't do it in 3 minutes. Forget about it. Literally. Come back at the end of the exam, give it another shot.
4. If you get scared of the question, its all over.

lol, look at me giving tips as if i'm a pro. ^___^ I'm not, but hopefully that'll help. Lucky for me, i'm one of those people who can visualise stuff like this in my head.

well, unless you talk about question 7 circle geo, or 4u question 7/8 circle geo... in which case you should ignore me.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well out of those there, circle geo would have to be the worst, I just go through every theorem I know.
Originally posted by Grey Council
if someone can do the whole development section in the cambridge book (forget the extension question), or the whole of fitzpatrick on projectile motion, i can guarantee you a 97+ mark for 3u maths right now.
What if I dont do 4U :p

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Parametrics were the worst. It was only the study guides that got me through that topic, the teacher was no help.

Logs and exps also annoy me too.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Harder 2 unit was always the mark-loser for me.
Ahhh yes, sequences, superannuation:chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)