Which tutoring centres pay is tutors the most (1 Viewer)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
It's hard to say because most of the tutoring centres don't have a flat standard rate for all tutors. The amount you will get will be based on your marks, tutoring experience and any additional things that increase your worth such as you are currently studying an undergraduate degree in that subject, finished studying an undergraduate degree in that subject, are doing a PhD or masters in that area or you are a school teacher.

In general though if you are looking to make more money and are willing to dedicate some time to work out how you will run the lessons, what materials you will use and homework you will set, being a private tutor can make you more than what the tutoring centres can offer and it's more flexible in terms of you can set the times/day that fit your uni timetable the best. It is also a bit easier than working at a centre I would say because you are probably only teaching 1-3 people each lesson vs in a center it will be more difficult to manage a 10+ student class.

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
they aint even that good tho.. literally no one goes there- first time I've ever heard it; even after all that expense the best they could do was one state rank (13th) for eng ADV πŸ’€; ik state rank is a big deal but $147??????? There should be more than that. (don't tell dr du tho, they might get ideas)

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Wait hold on its 1on1 tuition isn't it? I'm pretty sure medentry is probs around that ballpark, but they actually get results.

HSC
Uni Grad
they aint even that good tho.. literally no one goes there- first time I've ever heard it; even after all that expense the best they could do was one state rank (13th) for eng ADV πŸ’€; ik state rank is a big deal but $147??????? There should be more than that. (don't tell dr du tho, they might get ideas)
Having 500 billion state ranks doesn't necessarily mean the tutoring works for you (though it is a small indicator that they are a trusted company). The smartest people in my cohort went to the most obscure, no-state-ranker centres. I knew a few people who state ranked English without a tutor. And in terms of English, I don't think anyone on this forum is looking for a state rank, as many of the Maths and Science people who seek out tutoring tend to have English as their lowest ranking band, not even a mid 90s mark... (there are exceptions though).

However, private always trumps groups (which is what Concept is I think?), 147/hr is too much. Even if you're a state ranker. It's not worth the money.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
147/hr is too much. Even if you're a state ranker. It's not worth the money.
on that funky note, i once came across a tutor who charged like 250/hr (130/hr if you did it in groups i think), i almost spat out the juice i was drinking at the time

kkk579

hello
HSC
?? i meant ace pays their tutors 147 per hour

kkk579

hello
HSC
on that funky note, i once came across a tutor who charged like 250/hr (130/hr if you did it in groups i think), i almost spat out the juice i was drinking at the time
HAHAHHAHAHA naw coz even if they were that good and i had the money i still wouldn’t pay for that πŸ’€

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Having 500 billion state ranks doesn't necessarily mean the tutoring works for you (though it is a small indicator that they are a trusted company). The smartest people in my cohort went to the most obscure, no-state-ranker centres. I knew a few people who state ranked English without a tutor. And in terms of English, I don't think anyone on this forum is looking for a state rank, as many of the Maths and Science people who seek out tutoring tend to have English as their lowest ranking band, not even a mid 90s mark... (there are exceptions though).

However, private always trumps groups (which is what Concept is I think?), 147/hr is too much. Even if you're a state ranker. It's not worth the money.
I understand what you're saying, but like they haven't proved why they require a hefty $140/hr which is honestly outrageous. It would kinda make sense if they were scoring many band 6es to ask for the price, but nothing about this centre screams trustworthy for value for money yk?

idkkdi

HSC
having read some of concept's stuff, they're pretty good. still overpriced but everywhere except like NGO and Peak (which charge what 400 a term or sth) are overpriced lol.

kkk579

hello
HSC
Can someone tell me why Dr Du is so expensive? Is it because his teaching and materials are EXTREMELY good or is it just because it’s very popular with the selective students who they know are willing to pay hefty sums of money

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
du is popular amongst ruse students in particular, and their trials and exams are known to be quite wild, so du's materials which focus on harder wilder problems are meant to help them get accustomed to seeing these kinds of questions and thus ace those exams (at least that's what i think)

and never underestimate how much the parents of a selective kid are willing to pay for their child's tutoring tbh. they'll do whatever it takes as long as their kid ends up getting the good marks

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Can someone tell me why Dr Du is so expensive? Is it because his teaching and materials are EXTREMELY good or is it just because it’s very popular with the selective students who they know are willing to pay hefty sums of money
its bc they have employees who are stuck at home for around 7-8hrs on weekends answering questions from each yr group- $$$$ down just from that. They also mark all hmwrk individually. They also take time in making hint forums. There’s heaps that they do, and their learning environment is absolutely immaculate. Hence why so many do it despite becoming homeless by the end of prelims.

idkkdi

HSC
latter ofc. supply and demand. maximise profits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)