Which UMAT course is better? (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Officially...

the admin put the server offline..
the mods and them are all trying to remove certain material.. think of it as a spring cleaning..

we will be back in business soon..
reason this is taking so long?.. because.. we are medical students.. and of the mod and admins.. about 100% of them are working/moving into uni or at uni clinical schools now..

and its very difficult to find the time..on top of cramming.. and we still need lives.. also we do not get paid or funded or nice gifts by anyone officially or unofficially.

hope that clarifies things.

kcchippy

HSC
Hmm everyone is so negative about icarus, *however* I've heard some pretty good feedback about the actual materials though. So the day course isn't worth going to?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
kcchippy said:
Hmm everyone is so negative about icarus, *however* I've heard some pretty good feedback about the actual materials though. So the day course isn't worth going to?
dont tell me you are doing umat again....

wendiiz

HSC
omg...I'M FREAKING OUT. i've signed up for icarus and everyone here is saying very negative things about it. Is it really that bad? Am i screwed?

wendiiz

HSC
so it's not worth the money but will it still help? It's driving me nuts by the way. They keep making me do weekly reading reports and i'm going nowhere!

kcchippy

HSC
velox said:
dont tell me you are doing umat again....
Yes, I am? I didn't do any prep last year (my first attempt), so I'm going to try again *with* prep. Why, may I ask are you being so negative towards me doing it again?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
kcchippy said:
Yes, I am? I didn't do any prep last year (my first attempt), so I'm going to try again *with* prep. Why, may I ask are you being so negative towards me doing it again?
Sorry, I didn't intend to sound negative. It's just that personally after doing UMAT twice, I seem to have given up getting into medicine that way.

If anything you are doing pretty well to tackle it again :)

kcchippy

HSC
velox said:
Sorry, I didn't intend to sound negative. It's just that personally after doing UMAT twice, I seem to have given up getting into medicine that way.

If anything you are doing pretty well to tackle it again :)

well yeah this is my 2nd attempt, after this I will also not try undergrad med again, it will just be slugging out the hard yards for grad med at USYD (if my dreams align themselves).

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
kcchippy said:
well yeah this is my 2nd attempt, after this I will also not try undergrad med again, it will just be slugging out the hard yards for grad med at USYD (if my dreams align themselves).
Good luck. I may take umat for fun if I can afford it by then.

kcchippy

HSC
hehe thanks velox :), i'm sure you will get in one way or another and that you'll make a kickass doctor when you get there!

azura.romeo

HSC
N/A
aussie chica can u shut up u boyapti you work for them and im sure of it. u just endorse you fathers crap that is fed to you so keep your lies to yourself

doink

Clone
HSC
I don't think those prep courses help at all, even the staff at UNSW Med agreed that the prep courses are nothing over basic intellect and natural ability. The UMAT is meant to test whether or not you would be a good doctor regardless of your ability to cram irrelevant information into your head and hence it is built so that study has less of an effect which is the opposite of the HSC.

I did not do a prep course for UMAT and i got in the 93rd precentile however decided i did not want to do medicine. In short just get the practice papers to get a feel of how the exam is structured and in order to learn time management, other than that just believe in your ability and not everyone who wants to do medicine is able to.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
azura.romeo said:
aussie chica can u shut up u boyapti you work for them and im sure of it. u just endorse you fathers crap that is fed to you so keep your lies to yourself
She doesn't, geez why don't u shut up.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
It was lies like that that stuffed me and 2 friends up last year Wooz - are you giving out the refunds? ICARUS seems straight up and does stacks of missed entry reruns - im busy emailing them right now - we have 5 in one clinic - omg - at least i wasnt the only sucker last year

M

Wooz said:
She doesn't, geez why don't u shut up.

msomana

HSC
No, she definitely doesn't, I know her in person.

And lies like what exactly? Like the lie that VMC allows people to be registered as a doctor in Australia? Like the lie that prep courses actually help? Like the lies that Dallas has been endorsed by "all those doctors" who of course we can never get in contact with to prove they actually wrote the "endorsements"?

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
I think we need to teach you how to use a whiepages to check doctors phone nos msomana - it may take time -haha

I hate lies also - here's some reading i didnt know about last year when we were screwed over by doing missed entry

http://www.medical-entrance.edu.au/endorsements3.jsp
http://www.medical-entrance.edu.au/endorsements1.jsp
http://www.medical-entrance.edu.au/endorsements2.jsp

im on the winning course this year - do you think icarus uses a special brush technique to create these pix? ahahahahahahahah

M

msomana said:
No, she definitely doesn't, I know her in person.

And lies like what exactly? Like the lie that VMC allows people to be registered as a doctor in Australia? Like the lie that prep courses actually help? Like the lies that Dallas has been endorsed by "all those doctors" who of course we can never get in contact with to prove they actually wrote the "endorsements"?

msomana

HSC
How is it the winning course if you haven't sat the UMAT nor got into your chosen course yet?

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
I sat the umat last year - wish you would read m - the bulk of people i have spoken to who got in did the icarus course - this is not to say others who did other courses were unsuccessful but meddies generally agree at monash and adelaide that the icarus course gets people in

M

msomana said:
How is it the winning course if you haven't sat the UMAT nor got into your chosen course yet?

msomana

HSC
No they don't, at least, not at Adelaide. And I know the cohort of 06 and asked them this very same question in the first week of term.

And yes, you sat the umat last year and didn't get in - in which case, clearly that course you took didn't help. AGREED.

What I don't agree with is how you can call the course you are currently doing a "winning" course if you haven't sat the UMAT or done interviews this year.

kloudsurfer

HSC
azura.romeo said:
Hey, back off.

AussieChica is a valued member of this forum who has been around for a lot longer than you and certianly has no affiliation with Medentry. Its a bit rich for you to come on this forum and start insulting and falsely accusing her. Get your facts right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)