Which Uni has the best B Arts course? (1 Viewer)

Catastrophe

HSC
i wanna do major in japanese and i heard sydney U is good....tho i think i can only make it into UOW....

Ziff

HSC
N/A
My history teacher was telling me that the UOW history and politics people are somewhat conservative.

doe

HSC
N/A
i heard macuni is good for japanese. im thinking of doing a postgrad .jp course there. asylum in the macuni forum does japanese i think

santaslayer

HSC
Ziff said:
My history teacher was telling me that the UOW history and politics people are somewhat conservative.
I think they're better in the languages department though I have heard excellent comments about the history side too...I dunno.

LoLz @ melbournian. :p

B

Bambul

I've heard that Macquary Uni has a good School of History. (That was random)

But anyways, if Japanese is what you're interested in then you better ask which uni has the best japanese course, not arts degree. Unless you know people who are doing jap/languages at uni the only objective method I can think of is to find out which uni has the largest School of Languages (you can go to their website and count the number of academics). Of course, it's not a very good method, but if one has a school that is twice as big as another then that is probably a good sign (but not a guarantee) that it is better.

<edit>

Due to procrastination I've gone off and done it for you:

UNSW - 13
USyd - 10
Macq - 10

That's the number of academic staff in the Japanese departments of each uni. UNSW has the largest, but not by much. IMO The difference isn't significant enough to be used in your criteria when deciding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catastrophe

HSC
well, i wanna do combined degree of B commerce/B arts. but i doubt i can get above 91 to get into anywhere near courses in Mac, UNSW or Sydney. so i had to think of UOW and i just wanna major in Jap. so is it good for japanese AND commerce then?

Catastrophe

HSC
now thats the problem cos i doubt i can do commerce/arts in Mac...i think i can only get about UAI 87~ no more than 90..

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Sydney has the reputation of being king of arts (specifically I can only assert fervently that USYD owns UNSW in the philosophy department).

But if you're doing a combined degree, I'd go for what uni you think is best with the (other) combination. Eg. if you want to do arts/com, the commerce is probably of more priority..

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
Catastrophe said:
well, i wanna do combined degree of B commerce/B arts. but i doubt i can get above 91 to get into anywhere near courses in Mac, UNSW or Sydney. so i had to think of UOW and i just wanna major in Jap. so is it good for japanese AND commerce then?
Yes it is. Just look at the amount of Japanese internationals that do this course. LoLz. :p

hk31

HSC
I'm studying japanese at the moment as part of my comm/arts degree...
Japanese is ok at UNSW...but i think USYD has a better language school than UNSW
I think Macquarie has some international studies degree with Japanese...i hear that's quite good as well

are you studying Japanese in high school at the moment?

Catastrophe

HSC
hk31 said:
I'm studying japanese at the moment as part of my comm/arts degree...
Japanese is ok at UNSW...but i think USYD has a better language school than UNSW
I think Macquarie has some international studies degree with Japanese...i hear that's quite good as well

are you studying Japanese in high school at the moment?
yea, i started last yr doin begginers cos my old school didnt have it. i really hope theres a commerce/arts degree in macquarie.....its at least easier to get in and heard its better than UNSW

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
mq has a b. business administration/ b. arts (japanese)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)