Which Uni Is Best for accounting? (1 Viewer)

Gangstar1

HSC
I was thinking of doing accounting but I dunno which uni I'm currently deciding between UTS,CSU , USYD and UNSW (If they offer it).

Thanks.

BTW: Is UTS good for accounting?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
UTS is alrite, the lecturers are funny too, very entertaining. but yeah as kaz1 said, all are good.

atm1991

HSC
UNSW or UTS imo. Particularly if you are considering a city-based cadetship.

At the end of the day though, it doesn't really matter. I think just about every uni in the Sydney region has their Accounting major recognised by CA/CPA, so that you can later enrol in either of these programs. Be sure to consider things like travel time, which campus you think you'll enjoy studying at the most etc

swizzler

Banned
HSC
you can trust me on this one i went to tafe, am now 35 and am a ceo of either macquarie bank or Commonwealth Bank or HSBC or Westbank (im not tellen wich 1)

writer'sblock

HSC
accounting was never taught at universities before the 1980s here. TAFEs have always taught it, and it's where it should be taught.
if you do accounting you're trained in a trade, you're instructed. from the Latin instructio, to build, arrange or add to. which is different to what universities do - or were meant to do - and that is educate, from the Greek, edukare, then Latinised, educere "bring out", "bring forth what is within", "bring out potential", or to "draw out." Education is to make inquiring people, and ask how does thinks work and explore as opposed to being told all that there is and ending there.
Accounting ended up in some unis because of pure economics of neoliberalism.

Gangstar1

HSC
Ah.. Thank you to everyone that responded cleared things up a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)