Which uni should I go?Macquarie,RMIT or University of Western Sydney? (1 Viewer)

khfon1

HSC
N/A
I wanna pursue a career which involves languages ( e.g. language teaching, translating/Intrepreting ) .

I am interested in the following courses

1)Macquarie University : Bachelor of Arts (major in Italian and Spanish )

2)Australian National University (ANU ) : Bachelor of Translation (Asian Region)

3)University of Western Sydney ( UWS ) : Bachelor of Arts (Intrepreting and Translation)

4)RMIT University ( in Melbourne ) : Advance Diploma of Interpreting & Translation

I know ANU is the most famous. But its course is not regconized by NAATI (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters} . The one in UWS is regconized. But many people say UWS's reputation sucks. So which one should I go ? Will I be discriminated by employers if I graduate with a UWS undergraduate translation degree ? I wanna do a bachelor degree course but only UWS and ANU offer a bachelor translation/intrepreting course. Geez! Which one should I go ? :mad1:

X

xeuyrawp

No idea why you made two threads, but still chose ANU. You can easily get NAATI accreditation by doing exams. ANU tops all for translating.

DTFM

HSC
You probably wouldn't be discriminated against by employers in Australia if you go with UWS. That said, ANU would still be a better choice. Translation isn't one of UWS's strong points; it is one of ANU's.

yinyin

HSC
N/A
hey im at unsw doin commerce n arts
but for arts im doin chinese, n jst did chinese interpreting n will do tranlsation between chinese n english next semester, the lecturer told us that for the exams that we did for our finals its equal to NAATI level 2 and if we complete our undergra degree we can do the NAATI exam level 3, n then if you want further studies u can do master~

X

xeuyrawp

BigPole said:
Whichever Uni is close to you. Though course wise I'd say ANU or Maq will be the best, but UWS is a good uni (I go there) and most people there are laid back.
Macquarie's got an okay undergrad translation component, but it and other unis are completely incomparable to ANU.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I don't know if it still is but I remember that UWS used to restrict what languages applied to the translation degree and I think they were mainly asian ones and not Italian because at one stage I looked at that...just check it up in the UAC book or website to be sure because a lot of translating degrees are taught on the basis of where the demand lies for translators

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)