Which uni? (1 Viewer)

Rahul

Dead Member
its getting close to the D-day so i need to know sum stuff!

i was just wondering what r the strengths of some uni? are there differences?

i have heard things like, US is good for comp studies, not sure:confused:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW is good for commerce/economics
Usyd is good for arts
UTS is good for IT
UWS is good for teaching ?

aspect

unsw is good pretty good for computer related stuff and engineering as well

Torch

Sydney is suppose to be good for Arts? In comparrison to Wollongong, which would you say is better?? Also, if I were to go to Sydney, what kinda stuff can I combine it with? As much as I'd love to just do Arts, I kinda see the need to have something else with it... whats commerce like at Sydney?

Thanks for your help :D

Generator

HSC
N/A
Ask the uni itself and see if there is a way to contact the relevant professional organisations to see if they have an opinion...

Why would you trust the opinions of a group of first years or undergraduates when they haven't experienced more than one university (in most cases)?

rhapsody_75

torch - commerce/arts

Originally posted by Torch
Sydney is suppose to be good for Arts? In comparrison to Wollongong, which would you say is better?? Also, if I were to go to Sydney, what kinda stuff can I combine it with? As much as I'd love to just do Arts, I kinda see the need to have something else with it... whats commerce like at Sydney?
im looking at commerce/arts at sydney or new south and tryin to make my decision too. ive got a couple of posts up...one's in this one...general...i think ...hmm *im too tired - confused* but anyway. :) there's one in the sydney forum too called "hey everyone" for some random reason. was probably overtired then too. lol. i dont know if any of the answers people have given me will be able to help you.
:rolleyes:

where do you reckon people have more fun - sydney or new south? my friends at new south seem to..but maybe its just differences between the people.. what do you guys think?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by rhapsody_75
where do you reckon people have more fun - sydney or new south? my friends at new south seem to..but maybe its just differences between the people.. what do you guys think?
UNSW (plugs own uni)

No, it depends on the person, not the uni, as to how fun uni life is ....

Originally posted by aspect
unsw is good pretty good for computer related stuff and engineering as well
Yup, biggest (and most funded) Engineering Faculty. Biggest Computing School (also very well funded ...)

sif not 99

im not too sure about your ratings asquithian

your putting a bit of a wrap on the unsw law school and at the same time belittling ANU.....

I would think usyd and anu would have to be up there at the top with melb and unsw being equal afterwards....monash certainly isnt better for law than melb, source....monash student....

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by sif not 99
your putting a bit of a wrap on the unsw law school and at the same time belittling ANU.....
ANU aside, he did say UNSW was equal with USYD. And considering how hotly debated the issue is, I doubt an objective decision regarding the two will be made anytime soon. :rolleyes::p

One of our law tutors once suggested the idea that, generally, USYD law leads to politics or the judiciary and UNSW law leads to the corporate world. Whether or not that's true (even in general) I don't know. :)

With regard to engineering - I understand that computer science and photovoltaic are better at UNSW, whereas electrical and other engineering degrees are better at USYD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)