Which universities offer Thai as a major? (1 Viewer)

Phouna

HSC
N/A
Which universities offer a Thai course?

Hey guys,
I'm not really sure what course I want to take if I get into university. I'm extrememly interested in "International studies" and "Languages" especially the language, Thai. I've done some research into which universities offer the thai language course and I've only came across ANU.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any other universities that offer this course? Apparently "University of Sydney" has discarded this course.

Thanks! ^_^

Last edited:

Borbor

HSC
Strange I thoguht UTS offered Thai or did at least but I can't find it on their site anymore.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
usyd used to offer it in conjunction with UTS (i.e. you'd enrol in usyd units, but attended UTS classes), but it always had the disclaimer of 'subject to continuing availability', and now it's vanished. don't know why, but if it's not on the UTS site either then presumably UTS axed it. don't know if there are any other unis in the sydney region that offer it.

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Actually, UWS doesn’t offer Thai as a language. The Bachelor of Arts (Languages) offers Arabic, Chinese, Italian, Japanese and Spanish, but they are always subject to demand.

mr_robato

HSC
USYD is even supposed to offer persian/urdu/hindi... can't find!:jedi:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
USYD is even supposed to offer persian/urdu/hindi... can't find!:jedi:
hindi and urdu are offered by the Department of Indian Sub-Continental Studies here. although they're not available to major level, which might be why you had trouble finding them. not sure about persian.

X

xeuyrawp

To be honest, if I were looking to do an Asian / Middle-Eastern language as a major, I'd go to ANU. *shrug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)