Which universities offer the best "digital media" degrees? (1 Viewer)

Muchi

HSC
I Wanna know coz i have a feeling i chose the wrong degree (b.com media arts) and i wanna change to digital media!

Muchi

HSC
id love to do the degree there but my uai is in the 70s (71.5 to be exact) so im hoping theres a digital media degree with a uai in the 70s. i think i could get upto 5 bonus points

witide

HSC
I don't know of anything with a cutoff that low, but you could try computer science type programs. There are quite a few with cutoffs in the 70~ range.

candygore

HSC
Digital media is a pretty popular course so I kinda doubt that there is one with UAI of 70s. And I think it is quite rare to find a uni that has an exact digital media course but do have similar things like B of Media or B of Media Communication. I guess, like how others say, UNSW and UTS is pretty good for those kinds of course. UNSW has a new course called B of Media. Check out its UAI for this year. I think you can also learn about digital media thought studying B of Advertising or just B of Communication.. You can always go to TAFE or institutions that are strong at digital media, such as Billy Blue and then move to uni next year.

Muchi

HSC
well id like to do multimedia coz it was what i liked at school! i dont know anything about the design degrees! any of u know much about it?

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
well id like to do multimedia coz it was what i liked at school! i dont know anything about the design degrees! any of u know much about it?
Well digital media is a very broad area, it might help if you knew what part of it you were interested in, so that one of us could help point you in the correct direction as to what you can do and where you can do it.

Muchi

HSC
Well i really want to study interactive media on a technical/theoritical approach but also learn about design in an computer sense. also learning about broadcast desigining is something im intrested in. Im not really sure if i should change my course because id have to pay a $100 defferment fee so im seeking advice.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Well i really want to study interactive media on a technical/theoritical approach but also learn about design in an computer sense. also learning about broadcast desigining is something im intrested in. Im not really sure if i should change my course because id have to pay a $100 defferment fee so im seeking advice.
eek.. $100 fee.

Well, from what you've described, although it sounds broad, it also sounds like you're pretty sure about digital media (as opposed to media arts), in which case it sounds like the courses the other people have posted above are probably best for you to do because they're broad courses as well. Do you think $100 is worth the risk/chance to give those courses a go?

Muchi

HSC
yeah true! see thats the thing i dont know if its worth $100 to change my choice to b.design. id love if someone (preferly someone whos done the course) could tell me if its a good degree, the chances of obtaining a job from the course. i chose communications at uws coz i heard they were good and im hoping design has the same/similar reputation.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Design is fairly good, I don't think it has Art Theory which is what the UTS/UNSW variants also offer on top of the practical elements, but it has fairly good practical elements.

Muchi

HSC
so theres no theory! just like practical tests/assignments. thats cool! but then again theory could help me in the workplace

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
so theres no theory! just like practical tests/assignments. thats cool! but then again theory could help me in the workplace
No no, it has theory, just not Fine Arts theory, if that makes sense?

Course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)