which University/ course for investment banking? (1 Viewer)

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
Hi all, pommy babe here just asking a quick question

If I want to do investment banking/management for a career what would be the best course to study i.e. commerce, management, business, international business and what would be the best university (anywhere in australia) to study it at, what is the most prestigious and well respected/ successful job rates after leaving university?

I live in London and I am emigrating at the end of this year so the whole process is difficult compared to UCAS (U.K. system).

Any help would be great.

Also I wont be classed as international because I have a permanent residency visa.

Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:wave:

phrred

HSC
if youre an undergrad, ud be looking at BCommerce at UNSW, USYD, UMelb
for postgrad MBA- Melb Business School @ UMelb or AGSM@UNSW

Monstar

HSC
Also don't overlook , MGSM which came in the top 40 postgrad schools according to the london financial times.

turtleface

HSC
(True) Investment Banking and Investment Management are two very different things. I'm not sure what kind of stuff they look for in Investment Management but for Investment banking:

Unlike the U.S., where a MBA is a basic pre-req for Associates and above at I-Banks (unless you're a very, very, very, very good analyst), in Australia your best bet is either a Commerce/Business and/or Law degree. Engineering or some other quantitative applied mathematics degree are ok too. MBA may be useful for higher levels, I'm not sure

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)