Which university is the best for primary school teaching? (1 Viewer)

success15

HSC
Hi,
I just finished the HSC, and received an ATAR of 98.15, and would like to pursue primary school teaching. However, I have no idea as to which university is the best to attend. I would like to have the opportunity to teach in Catholic schools and I know this can be done via a graduate certificate or going to acu. I am looking for a uni that offers me ample prac within a classroom and which has good employability prospects, so therefore I have a dilemma.

Which uni would be best for primary school teaching: ACU?, USYD?
Please help me out

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Go to USYD and then complete a cert for catholic school accreditation somewhere else.

Kolmias

HSC
Source: http://www.topuniversities.com/univ...region=+country=+faculty=+stars=false+search=

The University of Melbourne is the second best university in the world for teaching and is closely followed at number 6 by Monash.

For Sydney universities, University of Sydney is the best for teaching coming in at number 8.

For Queensland universities, the University of Queensland is ranked at 10.

It doesn't really matter that much about university prestige for teaching but if you want to go to the best universities for teaching, go to the above mentioned ones.

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
ACU is an excellent university for nursing and education. I don't see the point of going to USyd and wasting time doing yet another piece of accreditation that you can do within ACU.

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Also, prestige is really, really not important for primary ed. Many ACU grads find satisfying, full time employment in ed.

Kolmias

HSC
ACU is an excellent university for nursing and education. I don't see the point of going to USyd and wasting time doing yet another piece of accreditation that you can do within ACU.
This is correct. OP however is concerned about the best university for teaching in terms of employment outcomes and educational quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)